Sign in to follow this  
Janasse

Saddle Strings

Hi newbie here! Lol.

I tried to do a search for this but couldn't really find what I want. I have an older since and the saddle strings are almost all gone and I'd like to replace them. They seem to go into the tree, and I can't pull them out. I thought about just cutting them down as far as I could and just tieing new ones onto the concho and placing over them. Question is is will doing this hurt anything? I just think itd be too much for me to try to get the old out and put new ones. Thanks :)

Hi newbie here! Lol.

I tried to do a search for this but couldn't really find what I want. I have an older since and the saddle strings are almost all gone and I'd like to replace them. They seem to go into the tree, and I can't pull them out. I thought about just cutting them down as far as I could and just tieing new ones onto the concho and placing over them. Question is is will doing this hurt anything? I just think itd be too much for me to try to get the old out and put new ones. Thanks :)

Depending on the style of your saddle the strings maybe what holds the skirts to the tree along with a couple of nails in the top of the bars. If you just use the strings for decoration scabbing them on will work but if used for tying I would pull the skirts and replace.