HARVEY

Bruce Johnson/bob Park Leather Clinic?

I was speaking with masters Bruce Johnson and Bob Park about their considering giving a leather skills clinic. The question posed was: what would YOU the student like them to teach if they were to consider doing something like this?

Years ago Stohlman Award Winner Chuck Smith (and creater of the Ol' Smoothie Swivel Knives) gave clinics. He brought in other master people beside himself: I took such a clinic with him, Don Butler (of Sheridan, Wyoming) and Ray Pohja (Phoenix, Az.). I learned a LOT and met some people with whom I remain friends today. The masters are precisely that; Masters.

IF Bruce Johnson and/or Bob Park were willing to teach, what would YOU want them to teach YOU? (For example: I myself would like to build up my confidence and learn more about, 1) finishes; 2) construction.

Thank you.

Harvey

Los Angeles

I would suggest drawing and layout of floral patterns, cause if you have trouble drawing a nice clean balanced pattern it won't matter how well you stamp/carve it or how it is finished.

My 2 cents

Steve

DITTO!