Sign in to follow this  
Colt W Knight

New Servo Motor For Consew 206Rb-1

Cowboy Bob over at Toledo hooked me up with some new accessories for my Consew 206RB-1

1. #138 and # 207 cowboy thread and new needles

2. Roller Edge Guide

3. New Servo Motor.

I was surprised how easily I was able to swap out the motor. I have swapped a lot of motors on things like wood working tools, and they are bear to align and tension properly. This servo motor and my old clutch motor had a similar mounting bracket with the same hole pattern. All I had to do was untighten 3 machine bolts, remove the old motor, install the new motor loose, align the pulley, tighten the bracket down, and tension the belt which is super easy on these sewing machine motors since they are hinged. In doing so, I discovered my foot pedals were all adjustable, so I set the angles and tensions that work for my big awkward feet.

I was able to forward stitch with the clutch motor alright, and with some practice I could control the speed. However, I wasn't super confident with it, so that leads to mistakes when you start second guessing yourself. I found it hard to backstitch with the clutch because even if I let go of the pedal the motor still ran the mechanisms another half to whole stitch. With the servo, I can back stitch into the same hole no problem.

Servo motor makes my machine run super quiet. No more annoying humming.

20140912_192829_zpshbrw8hox.jpg

Question for yall - What is the best kind of light bulb to put in my work bench light? I have just a 60 watt fluorescent in there now, and I don't like it. Hard on the eyes, and doesn't focus the light down real well.

I think 60W is too much when you work close to it. Regularly you find 15W to 25W bulbs in the sewing machine lamps.

I recently have updated my vintage Singer lamps with LED "cold white light" bulbs. They make a nice bright light but are not dazzling.

Advantage: nice bright light, low energy consumption and long life and my lamps still look vintage from the outside. ;)

Some pics:

post-31854-0-16267700-1410587971_thumb.j

post-31854-0-12216800-1410587978_thumb.j

post-31854-0-55222500-1410587984_thumb.j

post-31854-0-55622000-1410588529_thumb.j

post-31854-0-14550200-1410588570_thumb.j

Edited by Constabulary

Agree with the LED lights. I need lots of light on my subject when sewing. I have two of these on one of my machines.

Tip: Aim the lights toward the path of the needle on your work.

ferg