spurdude101

Industrial Table Tops

does anyone have a source for industrial table tops? the basket case I bought, as I found out, is missing the tops. it's an "L" frame and looks to be specific to the 2972 patcher. although I can locate some 20" x 48" blanks, they are expensive about $100.00 retail. this seems high to me for just a top. any other sources out there? thanks..

http://www.alibaba.c.../showimage.html

We have made them in the past by taking 2-pcs of 3/4" plywood ,glueing them together,putting some drywall screws around the outside,let set overnite(on the bottom side),then cut the belt slot,smooth the edges,get some stain & we used some Thompsons water seal & you ready to go.

Solid core doors from the home supply store are great for table tops and sometimes you can buy one with a damaged corner for cheap.

Hi Folks

Here is my solution to the same problem. I got a 20X24 arborite covered shelf and screwed it to an old style typewriter table (all obtained from a used office furniture store) Made a perfect mount for my 29K60 Patcher. The typing table has retractable wheels so I can move the machine around and when sewing I retract the wheels thus applying the brakes. I also installed a Dayton gear motor ac/dc and use a Singer domestic machine foot control pedal. It's set up to sew approx 0-75 spm which is perfect for doing repair work. Cost of table $25-$30. Motor had to be purchased new and cost almost $200.00. I'd attach pics but challenged in that respect.

Greenwood

Get in touch with Steve, 1-866-962-9880. Price won't be much better, but it will be done right. He has patcher clones that use that configuration, and a facility to make tops.

Art

does anyone have a source for industrial table tops? the basket case I bought, as I found out, is missing the tops. it's an "L" frame and looks to be specific to the 2972 patcher. although I can locate some 20" x 48" blanks, they are expensive about $100.00 retail. this seems high to me for just a top. any other sources out there? thanks..

http://www.alibaba.c.../showimage.html