LoneWolf1973

Bucket Holder

I work with an organization helping disabled kids and we do allot of collecting donations outside of stores. The buckets get rather heavy. This past weekend I had some teenagers walk over and drop about $30 in change...well that gets pretty tiring on the arms to hold so I decided to make some holders. I made this one and my boss is going to take it out this weekend and see if it works as I will be at some vet functions the next three weeks. Then, if he says go, I can make some more. This ain't nothing fancy but functional.

post-48901-0-55342400-1428518510_thumb.j

post-48901-0-86716700-1428518512_thumb.j

I think I would add a strap on either side of the bucket back up to the sholder strap to help support the bucket.

That is a good idea...at the moment I used all the straps I had. I am fixing to order some more. Found a guy in Indiana I can get them pretty reasonable.

good on ya lonewolf!

You can also add a bit of sheepskin or neoprene to the straps that will be bearing the most weight on the shoulders to make things a little more comfortable if it needs to be carried for a long time. Neoprene can be covered with a soft leather to look nicer (I've used lambskin and buckskin). A cheap source of neoprene is to look for zippered beer-bottle covers or neoprene slip-on can koozies at the dollar store.

Thank you winterbear...usually we we out there 6-10 hours a day.

I think a lot of us would benefit from a "cellphone photography" lesson or two.

Edited by LLWork