Lap_top_case002.JPGLap_top_case003.JPGHere is a case that I finished yesterday. It's my 2nd case and also the first one I machine stitched.

post-3534-1232943029_thumb.jpg

post-3534-1232943044_thumb.jpg

Elton,

That is one FINE looking case, really like the latch and filigree work!

What is the width of the gussets?

Johnny

Thanks Johnny. Gussets were 4 1/2 before stitching. Total size is 11 X 14 X 4

Edited by Elton Joorisity

Elton,

Very cool use of the hide. Are the gussets hide too? The whole thing is outstanding. Great work amigo. I like your Stamey line also. "Don't forget to stay loose".

Thanks Bruce. The gussets are burgundy bullhide which just happened to match the burgundy lining PERFECTLY!! I would have used hair on but I can't stand looking at my work a while down the road just to see that it has SHED OUT!!

Remember, decapitation is preferrable to a buck off!!

I know what you mean about the shedding. A few of the belts I've inlayed and plugged look like mulehide under the seat belt zone.

I hear you about the buck-off - That could be embarassing. You know pard, I bet they could sew that ear back on......

Very nice.

Very refined looking, a Beverly Hills piece for sure, could see that under the arm of of some Hollywood star! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Beautiful piece. I have a question. Did you line it with something to protect your laptop? If so what?

sweet work :yes:

Your work is awesome, as usual! You are truly an ar-teest! Thanks for sharing.

Hilly

Elton,

Long time no talk.

That's a good lookin case. I really like your pattern. carving looks good too. I've always wanted to make a case with that type of closure. Do you have any pictures showing how the loop is attached under the flap, or could you explain how it is done? Is their any divider inside the case or is it one compartment?

Excellent work!

Doug

Hey Doug,

The loop is pretty simple, I just punched two 1/2" slots aproximately 3/4" apart vertically on the front. I then skived each end of the loop stock and slipped one end into each slot. The attatchment is up to you, I riveted each end but you could also stitch it. As for compartments, there is a center divider with a stiffener in the middle. One side of the divider has 6 pen pockets, a 3 X 4 pocket and a business card pocket. I meant to take pics of the divider before assembly but of course I forgot!!

Really nice job Elton! Percentage of filigree background is just right...shows off the hair-on hide, but not too much of it! tooling is great. I Like the border too. Good work!

Bob

Wow ... some of the stuff on here - including this of course - just knocks me out. You folks are so very talented - gonna take me a lonnnng time to get anywhere near the quality of the stuff I see here.

Hat's off to ya :0)

Rob

Very cool looking, I like it.

On the filigry portion did you glue it to the hair? I didnt see any stitching, do you need to glue it. I havnt done any filigree saving that for a later adventure.

Elton,

This is faboulous work!! Did you come up with the pattern or did you modify or use an existing one?

Edited by Rawhide

Marlon,

Thanks for the compliment. The pattern is my own. I have it in a couple sizes including a purse sized one. Also all my floral patterns are drawn by me.