Sign in to follow this  
chazdillon

Lace Question.

I've heard of a few guys using some type of leather conditioner while braiding to get a really nice finished look and to help protect the lace. The reason I ask is I'm doing a Mexican basketweave with kangaroo and it's just not looking as nice or professional as I would like it to. Thanks.

I'll sometimes use saddle soap but it will darken your lace. Also if your using a piece longer than 5 to 6 foot it will start looking pretty ragged. In my experience the lace darkens just from the oil from your hands and then add in pulling it through holes and what not and it really starts looking rather used. So use short pieces I'd say 5 foot at the most and splice.

Just my .02 cents

Mike

That's what I was thinking of using. I'm gonna knock it out in the morning with some saddle soap. It's black lace on this wallet anyhow so the darkening won't matter. Plus I would not be using the yellow kind also. I also use about arms length and splice for your above mentioned reason. Plus I try and use good lace and it helps. Thanks.