cornbread114

Tippmann Boss Hand Stitcher

Im having trouble and asking for help! I just started making holsters and purchased a tippmann hand stitcher. When I back stitch the bobbin thread is bunching up. Ive adjusted my tension it has help but still bunched up (not as bad). What am I doing wrong. Thanks Godbless

I have to admit to having never seen that problem with my Tippmann Boss.

But, . . . there is help for you. Get on line, go to the Tippmann website, get their phone number.

When you get them on the line, explain to them you have a question for Ben.

If anyone on the face of the earth can walk you through it, . . . he should be the guy.

But, . . . first let me tell you how I backstitch with no problems:

1. First I make the stitch I am going to backstitch over, . . . and completely raise the needle up out of the leather to the top of the stroke.

2. Gently squeeze the handle, releasing the foot just enough to be able to pull my work back to me the length of the stitch.

3. When it is approximately in position, . . . ease the needle down into the stitch hole.

4. As the needle begins going through, . . . release the handle, . . . allowing the foot to go down flat.

5. Continue with the stroke completing the "backstitch".

6. I then will backstitch two more holes, . . . giving a total of 3 backstitched holes to prevent the thread from coming undone.

Again, this is my proceedure and I do not have any problems with it.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

I have seen that problem, when I first got my machine many years ago and the problem was me.

Dwight nailed it.

If you practise what he sez you’ll be back stitching without even thinking about it.

I no its me just needed a dew pointers. Thanks Godbless

Another way to do it is when you get to where you want to start the back stitch rotate the leather 180 deg and stitch "Forward" from that point. This way you get a back stitch but dont have to keep moving the leather back a stitch. Depending on the project this can work well.