Sign in to follow this  
Jimbob

leather for handbags and purses

hey ya all.....

I am looking for a supplier of good quality but not perfect chrom tan or such for making handbags and purses/chaps, also smaller sides or parts of a side....since I caught the hand bag bug and want to make more!!!

Anybody has a good info here...thanks so much and keep on sewing, hammering, cutting and dreaming...

James

hey ya all.....

I am looking for a supplier of good quality but not perfect chrom tan or such for making handbags and purses/chaps, also smaller sides or parts of a side....since I caught the hand bag bug and want to make more!!!

Anybody has a good info here...thanks so much and keep on sewing, hammering, cutting and dreaming...

James

I've seen chrome tan sides as low as $.99 sq.ft. at leather unlimited . You just have to watch the sales because these don't happen very often. I'm not sure, but I believe they also sell pieces of leather, but the cost per sq. ft. is probably high.

I've seen chap sides on sale at Tandy for $1.99 sq.ft. This happens about 2 times per year.

On the Leatherworker main page, there are links to other suppliers who might run the occasional sale.

Good luck, and please share a photo of your work!