Hello,

I am located in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

I make bags using heavy canvas (usually coated with PU or oiled etc). Parts of the bags have two thicknesses of heavy seatbelt webbing sewn on. I currently use a Singer 491-clutch motor (with 69 bonded nylong thread and size 18 needle) and have to do alot of backtacking and stitch length manipulation to ensure that the strapping/handles are durable enough for the 35 pound bags. I now need to make bags that hold more weight and need to upgrade my machine to produce a durable product.

I also work with leather and would like to start making leather bags and based on my research here think that the Adler 267 or Consew 206 would be a good choice/price for sewing Canvas and Leather products. I know that there are alot of other machines that would do the trick as well e.g. Pfaff, Reliable corp, Singer, Mach, Cowboy, Cobra but they seem to be really pricey. I would be perfectly happy with a super old machine that works well as long as the price is right. Servo/Sewpro may not be necessary as I am able to slow my current clutch motor machine enough for my needs.

Please let me know if you have one of the above machines for sale or if you have a better recommendations and would be able to ship it here.

Thanks so much,

Arlene