Chris of WV

Davis Leatherworks... Busy Couple Months...

So, I've figured out by now that I'm not really cut out for tooling leather... Sure, I could probably get "ok" at it if I worked at it long enough and practiced enough, but with a full-time job, going to college full-time, and now being married as well (although she's a great help, around the the house and working on leather. I assure you, I'm not complaining.), spending much time on working at it is just not an option at this time...

However, on the flipside, I've been selling tons of "plain-jane" items via Etsy, and I now have a contract with an eyewear company to produce some custom glasses cases. Here's some samples of the items I've been making in the last couple months...

7641489956_39531e2037_z.jpg

Simple Notebook Covers by DavisLeather, on Flickr

7617496172_1dc25068cf_z.jpg

Business Card Sleeves by DavisLeather, on Flickr

7617491502_9402d19719_z.jpg

7571982708_8a7982aecc_z.jpg

DSC04256 by DavisLeather, on Flickr

7522443058_55580f9736_z.jpg

Brown Bison Dopp Kit by DavisLeather, on Flickr

7501640226_cd01636349_z.jpg

Dopp Case by DavisLeather, on Flickr

7501643948_4e010c70e1_z.jpg

So, there you are and there you have it...

Best Regards,

Chris of WV

Davis Leatherworks

Th ose are all nice.

It all looks good to me

No rule says leather has to be tooled to look good; your stuff has a classy, timeless appearance

Not a single thing wrong with any of this stuff ! All marketable and quite elegant . The closest Ill ever come to tooling is a makers mark thats it for me . So dont feel alone not tooling ,it just isnt for every one .For inspritional videos may I suggest from you tube "Dunhill Traditional double. Also my all time favorite is "Picasso Labs" making cases . My advise is to keep on trucking down the path you are on . All ahead full !!!! I know I will enjoy seeing more of your work so please post away ! bluesman1951

So, I've figured out by now that I'm not really cut out for tooling leather... Sure, I could probably get "ok" at it if I worked at it long enough and practiced enough, but with a full-time job, going to college full-time, and now being married as well (although she's a great help, around the the house and working on leather. I assure you, I'm not complaining.), spending much time on working at it is just not an option at this time...

However, on the flipside, I've been selling tons of "plain-jane" items via Etsy, and I now have a contract with an eyewear company to produce some custom glasses cases. Here's some samples of the items I've been making in the last couple months...

7641489956_39531e2037_z.jpg

Simple Notebook Covers by DavisLeather, on Flickr

7617496172_1dc25068cf_z.jpg

7617491502_9402d19719_z.jpg

7571982708_8a7982aecc_z.jpg

DSC04256 by DavisLeather, on Flickr

7522443058_55580f9736_z.jpg

Brown Bison Dopp Kit by DavisLeather, on Flickr

7501640226_cd01636349_z.jpg

7501643948_4e010c70e1_z.jpg

So, there you are and there you have it...

Best Regards,

Chris of WV

Davis Leatherworks

Very nice work. I am a true newbie and have been playing around with all the nifty tools I purchased and I can assure you that you are not alone with the tooling. The tooling designs I have seen are fabulous but the plane classic pieces are just as fabulous which is the road I intend to take. Again, great work!

Karina