Sharon Mallory

I Am Looking Into Buying A Cylinder Type Machine That Can Sew Leather And Fabrics.

I will get a loan probably and I like cobra, tech sew and the cowboy. I have a flat bed but feel too limited without the use of a free arm. I make bags and wallets and would like one that can handle whatever I'd like to make. There is only one dealer in the Phoenix area and I think I would have to have one shipped if there are no others. Is there any knowledgeable people that have advice for me on this? I also want to make sure I get a table that adapts to it. Any help woul be appreciated.

I have a Cowboy 227R that handles all of my needs in that area, billfolds, belts, etc., and it has a table attachment that is extra. I am not an expert, I will wait for them to weigh in but it seems all of the machines are basically the same with a few minor alterations depending on the dealer. Customer service is an issue but all of the companies that list on this site are exceptional in that area so it comes down to price and what you want. Hope this helps.

The CB227R can sew from two layers of denim or vinyl, up to 3/8 inches of leather or webbing. It handles a range of thread sizes, from #69 through #138. It can go slightly over and under those sizes, but not with as much accuracy. It is not so great sewing linings, or thin garments, due to the way walking foot mechanisms are constructed. I keep a separate straight stitch machine for cloth garments. The fixed needle, tiny needle hole and three row feed dogs are better suited to light work and thin, cotton thread.

Where a walking foot machine will make you money is sewing patches onto bikers' vests. With a removable table attachment you can keep the backs and front sides flat for large patches. Seat covers are easier to sew on a cylinder arm walking foot machine. Bags are also.

I will get a loan probably and I like cobra, tech sew and the cowboy. I have a flat bed but feel too limited without the use of a free arm. I make bags and wallets and would like one that can handle whatever I'd like to make. There is only one dealer in the Phoenix area and I think I would have to have one shipped if there are no others. Is there any knowledgeable people that have advice for me on this? I also want to make sure I get a table that adapts to it. Any help woul be appreciated.

Solution would be to go with a cylinder walking foot machine with flatbed table attachment. These are the most popular machines we sell for bags, wallets, belts and other general leather products.

Most dealers are equipped to ship fully assembled machines anywhere in the US and will be able to provide you with a shipping quote for freight delivery.

Ron