NealzKustomz

Newbie From Washington State

Hey All,

Been browsing this site for a few months now, looks like a great group of knowledgable people, willing to answer questions. Beatiful work on here, too!!! Just figured I would chime in as a newbie. I made a checkbook cover for my wife as my first craft. Bought the kit from Tandy, and hope to do amazing things someday. I will have LOTS of questions soon, so please be bear with me..... I am looking to do carving, lacing, molding, etc. for motorcycles and hot rod stuff.

Keep up the beatiful work!!

Welcome abord!. You came to the right place!

There's a lot of bike stuff here, so you'll find plenty of people to get along with. We hope to see pictures of yoir work.

Hi Tom, glad you found us! Lots of good people and good advice here. Thanks, Steve

Howdy Tom

Glad you saddled up at LW you cant go wrong so get posting and have a great time.

Heya Tom, and All~

Another newbie from WA state. I hate to admit it, but I've been doing leatherwork off and on for over ten years. I hate to admit it as my work does not show ten years experience! I'm a hobbyist at best, but truly do enjoy it - at times. On a whim I picked up the professional (or deluxe, I'm not sure) kit at a second hand store years ago. As you can imagine,the deep discount I recieved the kit at has been completely offset over the years. As a bonus however, I now receive request for handmade gifts. So it has paid back a bit~ lol. I've attached pics of a biker toolkit I completed (Not from a kit). I'm never happy with a finished project as I see my many mistakes. Seeing pics of great work and learning new tips is what has kept me coming back for more! I'm happy to have found a place with so many truly skilled that share their tips and tricks.

Thanks!

Erikpost-18308-004665300 1292903210_thumb.jppost-18308-004607900 1292903227_thumb.jp

Hey Tom; I just joined the site myself (just now) and you are my first post or reply. I am from Washington too, Snohomish to be exact. There sure is a lot to learn, but remember we all pretty much start at the same place.

I am in Structural Engineering by main trade, but I also ran my own custom leather shop for close to 20 years. I am just returning from a self imposed break from leather working because of a bad case of burn out. But I am fresh and ready to get back in the game.

It looks like there are a lot of great people on this site, and If there is anything I can help you with, just ask. Heck, if your in the neighborhood, stop by the coffee is always on.

Keep it fun.