Sign in to follow this  
Chevota

First Iwb Complete (For Taurus Pt740 Slim)

This is my first IWB holster as well as the first holster that came out ok, in my opinion. My others were a little rough. Just bought this pistol and I intend to carry concealed so I thought I should make a IWB holster. Had some problems with finish, as always. I recently started airbrushing the stain on so let me know what you think. Briar brown with coal black faded along the outside. Finished with tan-coat. I really don't get why tan-coat doesn't water protect the stain. I touched the holster with a damp hand and had a fingerprint where it took off the stain. Do you guys all use resolene with good results? Let me know what you think. I am still very new to the game so any feedback is helpful.

post-16772-051011700 1301438679_thumb.jp

post-16772-038061100 1301438686_thumb.jp

Looks great.

Very nice indeed. Semper-fi Mike

very nice Chevota, indeed..

Are you using stain or dye? Theres a difference. For a topcoat, I've been using the Eco-Flo satin sheen mixed 1:1 with water, with a half part super sheen, as the satin was a bit too dull for my taste. Just recently started trying out the Angelus 600, so far so good, seems to take much longer to fully cure than the eco-flo stuff. My experience has been, in regards to finish coats not necessarily leather based, that the longer something takes to dry, the more durable the finish.