Sign in to follow this  
howardb

Knife holster - first

No pattern on this one. I sort of made it up as I went along.

A friend has his Eagle COH this weekend. I only had a week to make this, so it got made out of scraps & sample bits I had. I found out from his dad that he's getting a new Case folding lockback, and this should fit it fairly well. It might be a bit wide for it, but it's the right length.

I did the carve pattern from BSA clip art of the eagle badge. I used the smallest tools I have! I also have a BSA logo stamp that my wife picked up when mine started in cubs, so that got stamped on the top flap for the fun of it.

Leather - sample wallet back & Live Oak sample squares

Saddle tan all over front & back. Super sheen over that on the grain sides. Fiebings mahogany antique goo (probably 30 years old...), final coat of super sheen.

IMG_2960a.jpg

IMG_2953a.jpg

IMG_2946a.jpg

Brent

post-5266-1200023160_thumb.jpg

post-5266-1200023172_thumb.jpg

post-5266-1200023181_thumb.jpg

Brent, it looks good... that center "eagle" is that a stamp? where did you get it?

A nice piece that is, love the eagle logo and the nice red tone of that dye.

Good job!

Tom

Brent, it looks good... that center "eagle" is that a stamp? where did you get it?

No, it's a hand tracing from the eagle badge. photos of the template and original image (from BSA website) attached. It's carved & tooled. The stamp (scout trefoil) is on the top flap. That stamp came from my local scout shop. They have all the cub ranks, an eagle, the trefoil, and a couple others available.

Brent

Eagle4.jpg

IMG_2931a.jpg

IMG_2934a.jpg

post-5266-1200024285_thumb.jpg

post-5266-1200024304_thumb.jpg

post-5266-1200024312_thumb.jpg

Hey Brent, that's very good work on the Eagle and lettering, you did a great job. The stitching is very nice and clean as well. Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Howard,

Nice work. I'm partial to Scout things as I'm an Eagle-Class of '55. I like to teach our Scouts to make things from scratch that are useful while earning the Leatherwork MB. I know that your friend will treasure the gift. As a side note-I fashioned an Eagle using my badge as an example in antique silver. It does not have BSA across the chest of the Eagle.

Indy