Here is a flask I just finished. The pattern is from Jim Linnell. The leather is Herman oak. It was a fun project. Plan to do a few more of these. Comments? Suggestions? Thanks.

331.JPG

332.JPG

post-6938-1227151828_thumb.jpg

post-6938-1227151867_thumb.jpg

Edited by Randahl

Nice, I bought a flask the other day but haven't had time to do anything with it. Nice filigree horse head

Nice horse. Well, nice everything. I like the way you cut the figure out. I'm still trying to improve my horse work before I try it on a project.

Tom

Nice horse. Well, nice everything. I like the way you cut the figure out. I'm still trying to improve my horse work before I try it on a project.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I first cut the horse with the swivel knife. Then went back and cut all the way through with a scaple.

so do you guys glue the leather to the flask, or how do you get it to follow the curve in the back?

The leather is glued to the flask. I used E6000 on this one. But I have used Barge on others. Once you put the glue on it, place a shot bag on it to hold the leather to the curve. Dry overnight. Then it's ready to go. On this one, the horse is glue as well.