Sign in to follow this  
Washroad

How's the weather?

I don't know about any of you (I'm sure many of you are suffering the same) but it's too freakin' hot here. I was doing an addition to our backyard patio laying paver stones and got heat fatigue twice. We're not used to lots of humidity here and it was in the low 90s with 40% humidity. Really bad....

Until a little over a week ago, the heat wave came.....yesterday, it was 106 here and humidity close to 40%!

and I don't have A/C!!! :blink::blink::blink: ::( ::(:wacko::wacko::wacko:

So, my "shop" in the garage, well, that just gets ignored....I went out last night at 6pm, it was 113 in there! I went back to the backyard, turned on the sprinklers, sat in the shade, lit up a Marlboro and started sipping some Jack.

Ya know, after a while, I just didn't care how hot was!!! :spoton::spoton:

40% humidity would be a wonderful break. It's so humid here on the Florida gulf coast that we don't case leather, we just tool it and put it in the dryer before applying a finish. :biggrin:

Regis

40% humidity would be a wonderful break. It's so humid here on the Florida gulf coast that we don't case leather, we just tool it and put it in the dryer before applying a finish. :biggrin:

Regis

:crazy::crazy:

That's very funny! :rofl:

Regis, you are a nut......

Washroad.... my computer set up and all is out here int he garage.... I cant smoke in the house, so I put it out here and smoke while I surf.... LOL, No AC out here and it stays 99-105 out here all day long... I leave the garage door up and have a box fan pointer on me while I sit out here.... I keep a digital temp gage right here to let me know just how hot it it too.... LOL... SE Tennessee is very humid, thought I dont know the index... probably 60% or so....

Ahhhh... 67 degrees here in Ohio this morning.

The heat has been unusually steady this summer, and we are something like 20 inches under normal rainfall here in the Miami Valley.

There was NO sweet corn this year. :(

The local farmers seem to think we are in for a harsh winter, and I'm not going to contradict them, just prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.

Hope everyone gets a cool breeze and some rain soon, if you need it.

Johanna

Up here in North Dakota, we usually get above 100 degrees 2-3 days each summer. This year we had about 6 weeks over 100. We had an abundance of rain this spring and have more grass than usual too, but with the heat it's really dry now. We are constantly checking the sky for smoke, worried about prairie fires. The only good thing about the heat is I don't feel bad at all about spending time in my basement workshop on days off. Its usually the coolest place in the house, and it's given me some time to work on a project that I have been thinking about for a long time. Hopefully it will get finished in time for me to send it off to the show in Fort Worth.

My boss said he had 104 on Monday, I didn't bother looking. Saturday night we are supposed to be down in the 30's for lows so it sounds like summer might be over up north pretty soon. Wont be long and we will be complaining about the cold for about 6 months.

Clay

Clay,

Has been over 100 for about 12 days here. Enough temp swing to keep the cattle stressed. The last chronic died this morning, just in time for the cooler weather. Everything else seems healthy, but it makes 4 in the bonepile in 10 days. If I was just a rawhider..... I am doing more cow work with the tractor seems like. Now if the prevailing breezes just stay away from a direct line to the house, we are set.

There was NO sweet corn this year. :(
sweet corn is gross

in knoxvegas we've had at least 2 months with little to no rain (maybe 1 to 2 inches in that time frame) and 95+ every day (most of them over 100)...this isn't THAT bad for me concidering i'm from southern louisiana....where it's been known to be 100+ with 120% humidity and no rain....that's really special....you step outside and start sweating before you can get to your car

Regis, you are a nut......

Washroad.... my computer set up and all is out here int he garage.... I cant smoke in the house, so I put it out here and smoke while I surf.... LOL, No AC out here and it stays 99-105 out here all day long... I leave the garage door up and have a box fan pointer on me while I sit out here.... I keep a digital temp gage right here to let me know just how hot it it too.... LOL... SE Tennessee is very humid, thought I dont know the index... probably 60% or so....

wolvenstein, I don't get to smoke in the house either....or "her" car, or "our" motorhome......the garage is mine!

I checked the temp out there Sunday night at 8pm......113! Inside my house it was 92! I wish I had a basement, but hey, this is a 46 year-old tract house, meaning, slab floors. Hmmmmm. Wonder if I can dig under it!

Tuesday the heat wave broke!!!! At 8pm in my garage it was only 82! My house was 76!

Rain, what a lot of people don't understand is that souther California is a desert with irrigation. We usually get some in February, March and that's it. And here in Orange County, there aren't any more orange groves, it's all houses and business centers.

It's been hot everywhere, and it should be. It's summer. Besides, if it's hot at my house it should be hot at yours too. LOL. In my little section of central Alabama we had recordbreaking temps above 100+ for two weeks I think, and no rain. We are still in a stage 3 drought condition. But its actually in a small area. It rains 30 miles north of us, it rains 30 miles south of us. The good news is I only cut grass 2 times this year.

Our job site is all dirt and dust. We have a water truck that constanty sprays water to keep down dust to EPA levels. Its just so hot it evaporates too quickly and seems to just add to the humidity.

But hey, enough bitchin, I like sumertime. Shortshorts, short skirts, tank tops, halter tops, (in some cases no tops) It"ll be winter soon enough. I think we are supposed to get about 2 weeks of cold weather this year. We only had about a week last year. And I'll complain about the wet and the cold and.... Guess I'd be happy on one of those tropical islands where they only had to wear .... naw, I'm too old to think about that too.

Hope everyone gets a little cool down anyway. Just take care of yourselves in the heat and don't get sick.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

:NEWFUNNYPOST:

I do like the way women dress for heat! :dribble: :dribble:

I'll never be too old to look! :lol:B)

No matter how old the dog, the ears still go up when the garbage truck goes by.

Art

:NEWFUNNYPOST:

I do like the way women dress for heat! :dribble: :dribble:

I'll never be too old to look! :lol:B)

I don't know about any of you (I'm sure many of you are suffering the same) but it's too freakin' hot here. I was doing an addition to our backyard patio laying paver stones and got heat fatigue twice. We're not used to lots of humidity here and it was in the low 90s with 40% humidity. Really bad....

Until a little over a week ago, the heat wave came.....yesterday, it was 106 here and humidity close to 40%!

and I don't have A/C!!! :blink::blink::blink: ::( ::(:wacko::wacko::wacko:

So, my "shop" in the garage, well, that just gets ignored....I went out last night at 6pm, it was 113 in there! I went back to the backyard, turned on the sprinklers, sat in the shade, lit up a Marlboro and started sipping some Jack.

Ya know, after a while, I just didn't care how hot was!!! :spoton::spoton:

I wish we had some heat here! Yesterday when I got up, it was 29 and there was frost all over everything. I never saw it above 85 this summer, but that was fine. We have very little humidity and don't even own a fan. Open the windows, that does just fine!

Kathy