Flicker

Blanchard Portmanteau?

I am looking for information on pricking irons, portmanteau type, Vergez-Blanchard brand.

Does anyone know if they make them? If so has anyone here seen and/or used them?

The only pictures I can find are the "normal" prickers on their and the japanese sites.

I live in Europe so I plan to buy directly from them, however my knowledge in French is extremly limited and I would really like to hear if their portmanteau prickers are as good as their normal prickers.

I am not interested in Dixon or other English brands.

Thank you.

/Juha (Sweden)

Juha,

I'd be interested to know what you find out. I also use Blanchard pricking irons and have never been able to find Portmanteaus made by them. In North America it's getting very difficult to get the regular Blanchard irons!

I know you mentioned you aren't interested in English brands but if you can't find any by Blanchard, there is a person selling pricking irons on Ebay that are made by Barnsley and they look quite similar to the Blanchard. He sells them as a set (regular and Portmanteau) in various sizes. Dixon also has some nice looking ones on their website and they seem to suggest they can custom make them as well.

Darcy

I will keep this thread updated if I find out anything regarding Blanchard portmanteau tools.

I seem to have some bad luck doing buisness with British firms. Slow/no replies to e-mail questions. No replies to concerns regarding lost shipments. No explanations to added shipping expenses. No information about backordered items, when or if they will show up at all. Nevermind, there are others out there that want my money like Blanchard in France and small businesses in USA. I really don´t have a problem with the tools per se, it´s the people selling the stuff. Aeroflot vibes all the way...

If you are into Blanchard tools do not forget to check out the nicest site on internet when it comes to high quality photos of leatherworking tools: www.vergez-blanchard.com

/Juha