Drac

ranting by me no one really needs to read

so currently I'm extremely freakin' pissed because me roomie/landlord/owner of the house I currently reside in never fixed the leak in the little room I use as a workshop. and when I say little, prison cells are bigger, but I've made do. anyway, the leaks have been going on for probably 2 years and gets worse as time goes on. because of the leak, I've been having a mold problem for awhile no matter what I do. well, that got so bad while I was vending at dragoncon that when I spent a few hours over the course of 2 days after con I got sick. now, everything in there is covered in mold and I have probably about 2 grand worth of hides and bits (that are very usable) that are pretty much history. there's even mold on nylon that's in there and mold on the rubber wheels of the wheelchair I use as a workchair. never seen anything like that before. everything feels damp including my posterboard templates, you can't breathe if you go in there, my tools are covered in rust cheap ones and good ones alike. took out and tried cleaning a vegtan hide that's about 6 square feet and went through half a gallon of vinegar and the mold just keeps going. and now for the rest! don't have a job right now just unemployment and the leather goodies I have left from dragoncon and not really any events to set up at. just had to pay to replace the power steering pump on me van and now the pump for the transmission fluid has gone out so it's in the shop so don't have a way to even do events anyway. a chic I'm interested in and says she's interested in me says she wants me to move to houston but won't give me any answers to questions I need answers to. I've been single for over 2 freakin' years with no prospects and I'm sick of it. a friend I've been trying to help out for the last 2-3 years (she's the main reason I'm single. helping her screwed the last relationship) now owes me about 400 bucks and there's no telling when or even if I'll see that money especially since I told her I was sick of taking care of her and she needed to grow up like I'd been trying to help her do. I should prolly cut off the phone she has on me phone plan. the roomie/landlord also recently raised me rent from 450 a month to about 600 and all I really get is a bedroom that's about 11 by 11, a bathroom I gotta share with a female roomie (so you know I don't have any room in there) and bitching about the rest of me stuff stuck in areas of the house he doesn't use and the house is 3000+ square feet. I do have some friends that said they'd like for me to move in with them and they'd even come help, but they're in austin and I hate austin. too many hippies, "hippies" (you know the kind. long hair, tie dye, birkenstocks and giant suv's with a save the planet sticker) and potheads. and I hate all those with a passion. including the rest of the drug users that are there. on top of it I've been so down since the last girlfriend that I haven't even skated since then and that's been my passion for a loooooong time (almost went pro in the 80s). me laptop seems to be dying a slow death too. have some serious sleep problems too. 4 really bad hours a night. but wait! there's more! my teeth are so bad that I have trouble eating pretty much anything. lately I'm bouncing back and forth between supremely pissed almost like I used to be all the time and being extremely bummed. I don't know if it's the teeth probs that causing it coz I know when the teeth get as bad as mine that can really mess with you healthwise, lack of proper nutrient intake (because of teeth) coz again that affects your hormonal balance and proper brain funtions. aaaand, I have problems thinking and remembering (always had memory probs with certain things, but it's getting worse) things lately. teeth and nutrients again? too many shots to the head? can't really remember receiving many of those though. also it's gotten cold here and cold always puts me in a foul mood because I'm in more pain that usual. not used to pain thanks to me brain not really processing it that well. that comes in handy at times though, so that's not really a con except for when it's something serious and I don't notice it. shattered me hand once and just shrugged it off. that one was so bad that when a couple of peeps I was hanging with saw it went into full blown shock. hysterics, the whole nine yards. that amused me. pretty sure there's more, just can't think of it at the moment. heh. now that's almost funny. I have serious problems (at least to me), but one of the problems is I can't remember the problems! *L*... maybe. anyway, rantrantrantbitchbitchbitchmoanmoanwhinewhinewhine.

Edited by Drac

Does it help that we luv ya?

{{Drac}}

~J

That sucks!

long distance hugs!

I wouldn't be surprised if the memory issues are as related to the poor and insufficient sleep as anything else.

I really hope things turn around for you soon... *hugs*

I tried to come up with some comforting words, but there's just no way to put lipstick on that mess and make it look any better. Truly sucks - time to look for a serious change.

A few years back, I was going through an incredibly rough period. I happened to run into an old neighbor of mine and her boyfriend on a bus. We got to talking and she started asking about various things: "..How's your wife?" "Divorced." Etc, etc. All bad news. Finally, she remembered my dog and asked about her. "She died," I replied. Her boyfriend suddenly spoke up, "The dog died, too!? Man, you should head for Nashville and start writing country songs."

I don't know why that struck me as funny, but I swear I laughed about that through about the next 200 bad things that happened to me.

Don't know what else to tell you. Hope things get better - and soon. Meanwhile, don't waste plane fare on Vegas. Your luck ain't runnin' that way at the moment.

Hey Drac,

When I was living in rented housing, I also had to deal with the "landlord from hell" scenario, on a couple of occasions (but fortunately not one who also was a roomie). One thing that really helped me deal with irresponsible landlords was to familiarize myself with local landlord/tenant laws. These laws usually provide a course of action for tenants whose landlords are failing to meet basic requirements. In Kansas, for example, if a tenant makes a request for a repair in writing, the landlord has a time limit to respond and make the repair. If the repair is not made within a certain time, the tenant has legal recourse against the landlord. Don't know how that would affect your relationship with your roomie, but this is just something to be aware of.

The mold is a health/safety issue, which around here would be treated fairly seriously by health officials, if it were to be reported.

Kate

and now I get the news me van is totally screwed. joy. had it for a year and have spent almost as much on repairs as I did buying it. things go to hell starting around this time of year every year. wonder what's next.

"News Flash: Plague of Locusts hits Atlanta..."

that should read "news flash: plague of locusts hits one atlanta resident..."

when you get my age lets just hope this is not the memory your mind gets stuck in.

can you use the van as storage for your supplies? i'm sure it's drier. it's tough when life does this to you. i myself am going through numerous hell's and doesn't seem to be a good ending coming. i can honestly say i know the frustration you feel. i have learned not to say " what else can happen" or "can't get any worse" you have to try to find any positives in your life and really try to concentrate on them. remember as well...you do have a support system here. can you put up flyers, looking for a place to live, list any abilities you have, maybe someone is willing to trade a place to stay for services you can provide...ok you fun minded people, mind out of the gutter ;) the health issues are certainly fueled by depression, lack of sleep and nutrition. try to tackle one problem at a time rather than a whole. start with the smallest problem, easier to achive small victories at first, then you will see yourself starting to make progress and that will fuel your desire to continue fighting. sorry, starting to sound like a doris day thing here. just try to take control of what you can and appreciate the smallest of good things in your life, such as being able to get into the bathroom ;) i'm not gonna say keep your chin up, or hang in there, it doesn't help. what does help is understanding that there are real people out there who are going through a lot worse than you and i. i would send you good luck if i had any but i am apparently in the negative on that myself. so i will just wish for things to get better for you soon. cheers.gif

rantrantrantbitchbitchbitchmoanmoanwhinewhinewhine.

Want some cheese bro?

First off, what the hell happened to the job? I am guessing that since you dont have one, neither does she...?

Cant you move the shop out into the basement if it still isnt finished? Not like you would really be in the way....

$600 a month for what you got? Damn... I pay $600 a month in rent for my house... single family, huge back yard, central heat air.... 1600 square... Damn...

You need to move up here... you are central to 3 large cities, able to run to Nash, Knox or Atl in an hour and a half for any shows to set up and make a few $....

I havent talked to you since before DragonCon... how did that go for you, you mentioned that you had stuff left over... You were supposed to be in the main room this time...

My local BDSM group is having their annual Toy Bazaar coming up soon, I believe I spoke to you about this last year or so... if you are interested I can put you in touch with Kitty - the lady organizing it... last I heard they had 6 places left.

Peanut butter.... my teeth are so far gone, i am no longer popping pills to kill the pain... luckily I have not developed any infections, or abscesses yet.... but... However I try to eat a choke sandwich every day (if you dont know what a choke sandwich is... it is a peanut butter sandwich that is so thick it makes you choke).

Be well my friend

Want some cheese bro?

First off, what the hell happened to the job? I am guessing that since you dont have one, neither does she...?

Cant you move the shop out into the basement if it still isnt finished? Not like you would really be in the way....

$600 a month for what you got? Damn... I pay $600 a month in rent for my house... single family, huge back yard, central heat air.... 1600 square... Damn...

You need to move up here... you are central to 3 large cities, able to run to Nash, Knox or Atl in an hour and a half for any shows to set up and make a few $....

I havent talked to you since before DragonCon... how did that go for you, you mentioned that you had stuff left over... You were supposed to be in the main room this time...

My local BDSM group is having their annual Toy Bazaar coming up soon, I believe I spoke to you about this last year or so... if you are interested I can put you in touch with Kitty - the lady organizing it... last I heard they had 6 places left.

Peanut butter.... my teeth are so far gone, i am no longer popping pills to kill the pain... luckily I have not developed any infections, or abscesses yet.... but... However I try to eat a choke sandwich every day (if you dont know what a choke sandwich is... it is a peanut butter sandwich that is so thick it makes you choke).

Be well my friend

for wot its worth,i rinse my mouth every day at least 6 times, twice of a night, with hydrogen peroxide,a homeless bloke told me its good alternative to fight germs etc.it seems to work for me [touch wood]get a bike[pedal]hunt local work,n dig dig dig hoo roo n good luck pete

CHILDREN??????WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING ;;;;;;;;

an update from me if anyone cares. made the move to texas and the alternator went out on the way and a hose broke. what was supposed to be a temporary pit stop in austin has turned out much longer. currently all me stuff is in a storage unit which I'm also using as a workspace. unemployment ran out and I got screwed on a check from it. the move to houston got delayed because of the transmission going out on the van and had to get it fixed which took the money I had saved plus had to borrow the rest and now the steering is messing up and I can't take it to a shop since I'm sleeping in the van coz I don't have anywhere else to stay. worse probs sleeping than usual, not really eating, wah wah wah. of course there's more, but that's the highlights.

Man, you're having a tough time of things!!! My heart and prayers go out to you.

Man, you're having a tough time of things!!! My heart and prayers go out to you.

yeah I am, and thanks. that and more is needed.