Sign in to follow this  
jamesg63

Home Made Press

I seen on here somewhere, some time ago. A guy made a press by welding a hydraulic bottle jack on to a metal constructed frame. I really liked the idea but cant seem to find it again? Anybody know who posted it or possibly remember it? Maybe ya'll can guide me to it.

Thanks,

Jim

Can't help with that but this is one I made:

Nice, Very Nice

I seen on here somewhere, some time ago. A guy made a press by welding a hydraulic bottle jack on to a metal constructed frame. I really liked the idea but cant seem to find it again? Anybody know who posted it or possibly remember it? Maybe ya'll can guide me to it.

Thanks,

Jim

Just a safety concern? I would not weld on a hydraulic bottle jack , since is sealed vessel with hydraulic oil, the heat from the welding process will cause expansion and could rupture.

Do a search: look for topicpreview.png attachicon.gif Cheap Holster Press

It's mine, . . . it works, . . . plus I didn't have to do any welding.

May God bless,

Dwight

Can't help with that but this is one I made:

That is really cool. I think I am going to make one or have one made this new coming year. I like this one you made.

That is really cool. I think I am going to make one or have one made this new coming year. I like this one you made.

It was actually pretty simple to build. I had the screw that was salvaged a while ago (I am a huge scrounger). The oak was in the scrap pile. The hardest part was cutting the 1 1/4" plate to size. It was in a 2'x3' sheet. The only way I could find to cut it was in th mill. Clamped it to the table and set the power feed on the slowest setting, took about 30 minutes to cut through.

Here's before and after pictures of mine. A 20T press from Harbor Freight, cut off the ram, welded on two steel plates and got a cutting board to protect my dies.

post-6571-030042400 1322117349_thumb.jpg

post-6571-066388800 1322117451_thumb.jpg

Edited by RunningRoan