Sign in to follow this  
jk215

Single Vs Double Foot And Edge Guide Question

Hello all. Starting to get the hang of my Consew 225 and realizing some limitations with myself and the machine setup (mostly myself). My problem is I have a REALLY tough time seeing the needle and where it is puncturing the leather even if I gauge a line to follow. By the time I notice Im going off track Im struggling to pull it straight again and it looks bad. Im working along a 1/8" edge on small wallets so its very noticeable when I mess up.

I was watching some videos on youtube and noticed some people using a single foot setup with an edge guide and Im interested in trying that. Even without the edge guide just having that open space where I can monitor the needle placement better seems like it would help a lot. Should that work fine with my machine? Any help is appreciated!

Edit: And just in case my terminology is off and that doesnt make sense, any suggestions for a setup where I could better see whats going under the needle and work with a 1/8" margin that would be great.

Edited by jk215

Get a left toe foot and guide. I bet Bob has them in stock.

I've ground the inside foot on the right side so I can see the needle. And use a left toe outer foot. I'm thinking about grinding a slot in the front of the inner foot instead of the side.

Tom

Thanks guys. Got me on the road to finding what I need. Googling left toe presser is showing me exactly what I want. That with an edge guide looks like exactly what I want.