Sign in to follow this  
BrushyHillGuide

Swivel Ring For Blood Tracking Collar - Where Can I Find One?

I'm wanting to make some new collars for our blood tracking dogs at the ranch and I need to find some swivel rings - either D rings mounted on a swivel or circular rings mounted on a swivel, preferably brass. I know they are made because there are collars made with them; but I haven't been able to find a source to buy a few. Does anyone know where I can find some?

The attached picture shows one on a collar.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

Nick

P.S. Does anyone, by chance, have any patterns (shape/design, not carving pattern) for blood tracking collars?

post-24159-077753100 1319896048_thumb.jp

I'm wanting to make some new collars for our blood tracking dogs at the ranch and I need to find some swivel rings - either D rings mounted on a swivel or circular rings mounted on a swivel, preferably brass. I know they are made because there are collars made with them; but I haven't been able to find a source to buy a few. Does anyone know where I can find some?

The attached picture shows one on a collar.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

Nick

P.S. Does anyone, by chance, have any patterns (shape/design, not carving pattern) for blood tracking collars?

Hello!

I have a blood tracking collar ,that I used on my Bavarian Mountain Blood Tracking dog named FTCH Jack. ( Bayerische Gebirg Schweisshund)

I used a 9 meter x 3/4" leather strap for tracking line, attached to the collar with a buckle - no snap!!. A leather line beats all!

How many swivels do you need? I think I have two or maybe three round brass swivels in my shop, and I can sell them to you.

The dimensions of my collar is:

Total length incl. buckle :60 cm

Width: 42 mm

Width of billet: 32 mm

End of buckle -> swivel :37 cm

Hope this will help. I´ll post a pic of my line docked up the traditional Bavarian way later.

( My dog Jack was the highest ranked tracking dog in Sweden 2002, Field Trial Champ. He is gone to the happy hunting grounds by now , sorry to say! Nothing beats a Bavarian tracking dog on wounded game tracks. Once he tracked down a wounded bull moose and the track was 27 hours old when we started, 3 hours later I killed the bull! That´s what I call a Good boyy)

/ Knut

post-5173-028760700 1319903366_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldtimer

Here is a pic of my tracking outfit, tracking collar and leather line ( schweissrieme in German).

There is a loop made when arranging the line , to the right of the pic, which is used as a shoulder strap when carrying the gear to the start of the track.

/ Knut

post-5173-052895600 1319905935_thumb.jpg

Thanks OldTimer! I may just take you up on that offer; but I'm going to keep looking for a while around here to see if I can find a local source.

Thanks so much!

Anyone else know anywhere here in the US?