Sign in to follow this  
Mike Craw

Elastic Strips for Chaps

Hey Guys!

We've had a couple of ladies come to the shop lately wanting to have their chaps modified. They want elastic sewn along the zipper seam to allow freedom of motion like some of the show chaps offered in many of the western wear catalogs. Carlos found some rolls of elastic, but naturally this stuff only stretched LENGTHWISE and we need something that stretches crosswise.

Does anyone have any information on suppliers of rolls of elastic strips/tape about 1" - 2" wide in black?

Thanks!

Mike

good luck.

ive been looking for some of that elastic for several years. The only company that i know of that uses it is Ariat and im sure the mfg makes it specifically for them.

ive looked at using girdle material but it doenst have the strength to it. also, you would have to dye it too.

let us know what you find.

Hey Denise!

Thanks so much for the help. I have no recollection of seeing that original post...maybe because then I never heard of putting elastic next to the zippers, so I paid no attention to it. Anyway, I have made contact with the lady and we are discussing a purchase of some of her stock. Thanks also to Bev for being kind enouth to share this source!!

Mike