Here's the latest from Double U. I really am happy with the way it turned out. I tried something a little different with the two tulip flowers and the stems. It worked pretty good. Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think. Stay blessed.

post-7660-006041700 1346769852_thumb.jpg

post-7660-004403800 1346769872_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the nice words.

pretty. Nice looking work!

Benlilly, volbert.....thanks for the compliments. I appreciate them very much.

Very nice. I like the tulips and those stems. Very different.

Bob

Probably a personal preference: Try next time to keep your design inside the boundaries. That is: don't make the design look as though it is bleeding into your edge wrap.

Mark the piece with dividers so the design will stay inside a swivel knife cut.

ferg

Here's the latest from Double U. I really am happy with the way it turned out. I tried something a little different with the two tulip flowers and the stems. It worked pretty good. Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think. Stay blessed.

The tooling is very clean, nice!

Nice job of tooling! I do agree with Ferg, though, the elements tuck under your borders just a little too far. It's done with petals, a lot, and is generally accepted, but, in my opinion, when you use larger elements like scrolls flowers and leaves, etc., we just want them to touch the border. I have done what you did here many times, and every time I do it, I wish I hadn't, LOL! Anyway, really nice job. Looks great!

LIKE_75.jpg

Edited by hidepounder

Ferg, Bob....I appreciate your input, and I see what you mean. I never was one to color much inside the lines...LOL. But, those kiddos that did sure had nice looking pictures!! Maybe it's high time I buy a book that someone is selling so I can learn how to draw patterns the right way:whistle: . Maybe it might even be time to actually draw a pattern first instead of just making circles and starting to carve. Anyway, I do appreciate what you guys said, and I'll mentally try to think about that on the next project.

I love your work... Great design, tooling, construction, stitching, edges, & binding.

I looks all good to me... I really like your style! :thumbsup:

Double U

I love the carving and wouldn't have batted an eylid at the border if it wasn't mentioned.. ;)

What did you use for the background colour? It really makes the tooling stand out..

Great work.!!

Regards

Phil

LNL....thanks for the nice words. I appreciate it.

Horrk....it was dyed with Fiebings brown dye. Thanks also for the compliments.