sniper

Some Of My First Projects

Well, that didn't work so well...I'll try again! Never let anything electronic know you are in a hurry!

New guy, here. Sigh of relief that it worked this time. I wish all sites were as easy to post photos on. I've been reinvolved in leatherwork for a little less than a year, I hadn't done anything with it since I got out of the Air Force in 1964.

It is both challenging and fun, and I now have waaaay more tools, etc, than I ever thought I would have need of. Fool that I was, I thought the Basic 7 kit would do it! Yeah, right! I look at the marvelous work done by members, and HOLY COW! How do you do that?

post-17918-021054500 1290704363_thumb.jp

Pancake style holster for my 357. Herrett Cocobolo grips. Some say my tastes run to. ..can you believe it?..Garish! Not sure what they are talking about.

post-17918-094232000 1290704371_thumb.jp

For my Mark II Target, basic plan modded to clear the red dot sight. Again, Cocobolo grips that I made after I decided (about 10 seconds after seeing it for the first time) "I can fix that!"

post-17918-061522100 1290704395_thumb.jp

Western style, for my Single Six. My son may receive them for Christmas. I got a really good deal on the faux ivory grips.

post-17918-023681900 1290704408_thumb.jp

A knife and sheath I made for my niece's husband. Desert Ironwood handle.

Edited by sniper

Wow, that is very nice! My projects weren't near that nice and I thought I was doing good. You are doing great!

Well, that didn't work so well...I'll try again! Never let anything electronic know you are in a hurry!

New guy, here. Sigh of relief that it worked this time. I wish all sites were as easy to post photos on. I've been reinvolved in leatherwork for a little less than a year, I hadn't done anything with it since I got out of the Air Force in 1964.

It is both challenging and fun, and I now have waaaay more tools, etc, than I ever thought I would have need of. Fool that I was, I thought the Basic 7 kit would do it! Yeah, right! I look at the marvelous work done by members, and HOLY COW! How do you do that?

post-17918-021054500 1290704363_thumb.jp

Pancake style holster for my 357. Herrett Cocobolo grips. Some say my tastes run to. ..can you believe it?..Garish! Not sure what they are talking about.

post-17918-094232000 1290704371_thumb.jp

For my Mark II Target, basic plan modded to clear the red dot sight. Again, Cocobolo grips that I made after I decided (about 10 seconds after seeing it for the first time) "I can fix that!"

post-17918-061522100 1290704395_thumb.jp

Western style, for my Single Six. My son may receive them for Christmas. I got a really good deal on the faux ivory grips.

post-17918-023681900 1290704408_thumb.jp

A knife and sheath I made for my niece's husband. Desert Ironwood handle.

Nice work. It is definitely not garish to me.

ferg

Thank you both! With the information I can glean from the forums, I look forward to improving my skills.

Very nice work, I love the holster for your competition handgun, that'll be one I'd like to make for one of my 45's

:welcome: Great looking work!!

Very nice work, I love the holster for your competition handgun, that'll be one I'd like to make for one of my 45's

Thanks; If I remember correctly, I modified the .45 pattern from Stohlman's "How to Make Holsters" book to make this one, because I didn't like the other choices.