Sign in to follow this  

Here's a case for my phone that I mixed british tan into Bicks4. Followed that with brown antique and Super shene(probably not needed). I do like the more even dye coating I get by mixing. I don't get the streaking that I used to. I've done a few other projects this way but, didn't photograph. I don't like this type belt clip because I had to line the back.

Cell_top.jpg Cell_back.jpg

post-463-1189097287_thumb.jpg

post-463-1189097309_thumb.jpg

Nice design! That's why I love the Bick's mix too! And no you didn't need the supersheen because the Bick's will soften and oil the piece to the point that it is real water repellant.

I really like it on cheaper (lighter) leather. It NEVER looks dark and rich after I oil it so I use the dye/Bick's on a lot of projects to get the rich leather look before I antique. MOst of the albums look like expensive Herman Oak or W&C leather.

It's not too late to get a good burnish on the edges. Would make it look even nicer!

respectfully

pete

Nice job, Regis. Have you done anything with that Toro 3000 yet? I haven't tried the Bick 4/dye brew yet, but I'm gettin' psyched up to give it a go! :evillaugh:

Pete, I burnished last night after reading your reminder. Sure see a lot more in those LARGE photo's.

Thanks Bruce. Haven't made anyting meaningful yet. My shop went into complete renovation shortly after receiving my 3000. 4 week job took 4 months so I'm just getting started back (still can't find everything).

Thanks,

Regis