Yanni

Decision On A Clicker Press

I need some help making a decision on a clicker press.

I've got the option between an older model Atom G222 and a newer one Atom MF( Multiforce).

First two attached photos are of the Multiforce and the last one of the G222.

We are making leather bags, please see grafea(dot)com

The major differences between the two are obviously the price:

Atom G222 ( £2350 or $3800 ) refurbished from the official distributor

Atom MF( £4000 or $6450 )

Cutting Pressure G222 is 16Ton where MF is 25Ton

and also the MF has an automatic adjustement for the height of the dies as well as assisting with the swivel to

reduce the operator's fatigue. On the G222 you will need to adjust the cutting depth manually.

We will probably use the same height of dies for all of our bags.

Is there a reason if both machines are in good working order to pay an extra £1650 or $2655 for the MF machine?

Thanks

post-31682-048596500 1347441596_thumb.jp

post-31682-041236500 1347441617_thumb.jp

post-31682-011172600 1347441631_thumb.jp

Sorry, I don't know a thing about presses, but I went to your site to see your product. What great work. I ALMOST want to order a backpack, and I don't hike or need one. Just a truly great product line!

Somebody who knows will pick up shortly for you.

Question, though about your site. Why no pictures of shoulder straps on your back packs. Are there none? Just a thought as an observer.

Kevin

Question, though about your site. Why no pictures of shoulder straps on your back packs. Are there none? Just a thought as an observer.

Kevin

Oh, I didn't notice that Kev, will change it soon. Thanks.

Anyone with experience on clicker presses. I just found out that the G222 was the industry standard in the shoe manufacturing during the 70s.

I have one similar to the 222. When I order clicker dies, I specify 1 1/4 inch. I use the handwheel on top occasionally to make minor adjustments. Usually just turn it on and use it. As far as power assist on the swing arm, we all need more exercise, not less. I assume there is a need for more automation, but for leatherwork, I just don't need it.

Art

How many hours a day will you have the same person using the press? I can click for four hours straight on an old Atom 25 ton, then I'm wiped out and have to take a nap. If you're going to have the same person clicking eight hours a day get the assist.

I need some help making a decision on a clicker press.

I've got the option between an older model Atom G222 and a newer one Atom MF( Multiforce).

First two attached photos are of the Multiforce and the last one of the G222.

We are making leather bags, please see grafea(dot)com

The major differences between the two are obviously the price:

Atom G222 ( £2350 or $3800 ) refurbished from the official distributor

Atom MF( £4000 or $6450 )

Cutting Pressure G222 is 16Ton where MF is 25Ton

and also the MF has an automatic adjustement for the height of the dies as well as assisting with the swivel to

reduce the operator's fatigue. On the G222 you will need to adjust the cutting depth manually.

We will probably use the same height of dies for all of our bags.

Is there a reason if both machines are in good working order to pay an extra £1650 or $2655 for the MF machine?

Thanks

Hi Yanni,

I just found out this topic. What type did you choose please? I can buy Atom G222 for really goon money, so I’m courious about your experience if you chosen G222.

Thanks, Jirka