armysoup

How To Stop Leather Dye From Bleeding

I just started leather working this year and have made some pretty cool stuff but I am getting frustrated with the dye rubbing off onto my clothes when I sweat. I have been using the eco flo products and have been wiping off the excess dye. Then I rub with sheep wool. Then I apply super sheen. But still it comes off in areas after I wear this stuff when I sweat. I also have the fiebings professional oil dye and resolene but have not tried it yet on projects. I was just wondering if it is the eco flo or something I am not doing right. What is the point of making good leather work when it just comes off on you when you actually wear it. Help me!

Some folks may have good results with water based dye (Eco flo among others), . . . but I gave away the first and last bottle I owned. The first project I did, . . . ruined one of my shirts from the dye bleeding out, . . . it was black dye at that, on a white shirt.

I have done "who knows how many" leather products with Feibings oil dye and Resolene, . . . have never had one bleed dye yet.

FWIW

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

Thank you for your advice.