Sign in to follow this  
eLw

Leather Guitars

For all of you musical leather enthusiasts! I have built some, I think, beautiful archtop guitars and basses wrapped in Hermann Oak leather. Here are pictures of two of them. The leather applied to the body provides a tonal quality that has to be heard to be appreciated. I believe that I am one of the few guitar builders in the world to try this technique, and welcome you to view more on my website at My link. These guitars are all handmade and hand tooled. Spruce backs and 3-layer laminated poplar tops. I've also used some very beautiful woods on the appointments, and my self-designed mosaic pearl inlay on the guitar fretboard. The world of leatherworking keeps on expanding. Feel free to post any comments or questions about my leather wrapped guitars and basses. Happy leatherworking!

post-24209-050719900 1345136273_thumb.jp

post-24209-005852200 1345137416_thumb.jp

post-24209-018189100 1345137433_thumb.jp

post-24209-057667000 1345137505_thumb.jp

Very beautiful work. I can honestly say I've never seen one wrapped like that.

Very nice! I bet it helps stop feedback with hollow bodies.

For all of you musical leather enthusiasts! I have built some, I think, beautiful archtop guitars and basses wrapped in Hermann Oak leather. Here are pictures of two of them. The leather applied to the body provides a tonal quality that has to be heard to be appreciated. I believe that I am one of the few guitar builders in the world to try this technique, and welcome you to view more on my website at My link. These guitars are all handmade and hand tooled. Spruce backs and 3-layer laminated poplar tops. I've also used some very beautiful woods on the appointments, and my self-designed mosaic pearl inlay on the guitar fretboard. The world of leatherworking keeps on expanding. Feel free to post any comments or questions about my leather wrapped guitars and basses. Happy leatherworking!

Wow. You should enter some in the competition at the IFoLG show here in Nashville in October.

Glen

Very nice! I bet it helps stop feedback with hollow bodies.

Yes as you may know a fine tuned and carved set of plates had best not have a pickup installed! :-) So this goes one step further than the basic laminated plates. But besides making it easier at the gig, it's the at-home, unplugged tone that knocks me out .... Instant Wes :-)

thanks

Larry

I LOVE that bass!!!!! very nice!!