Singermania

Luberto Classic And Luberto No 7

HI,

Does anybody know what has happened to the Luberto company, their website still runs, but phones and emails don't work.??

Also what is the reputation of the machines, are they as good and long lasting as the Pearson or Landis?

Also what is the difference between the Classic and the No 9?

On a slightly different tack, I now have stocks of Pearson no 6 rein rounder attachment and special matching needle plate for those that have been asking. They are well made, hardened steel and yes sorry expensive, but then even a standard edge roller (which you will also need) from Aaron is (I think) $185.

Regards Steve

Steve,

I don't know anything about what has happened to Luberto's web sight or the company for that matter. As far as the Classic machine goes I can only tell you we have been running one in our shop about seven years and have never had any problems with it. We bought the machine new and found it to be trouble free period! It is easy to run, and goes at a nice slow pace.

As far as I know the No.9 is the same square drive, needle feed, jump foot machine as the Classic. The basic design of these machines have been around forever, the classic is just the latest version of the design.

If you are interested in the Classic machine, I would say you will be lucky to find a lightly used one as people don't seem to part with them. I hope this is of some help to you..

Jeff

Luberto's is getting up and running again! I have a #9, it's slow! Lays a good stitch, still like a 441, or hand stitch better! I talked to lubertos, sounds like minor differences in some bushings, and wear parts that makes It a bit smoother, and they have a better feet system that allows adjustment.

I have had 2 Classics. Both good machines and easy to maintain. Do not have reverse. They do not sew as fast as a Cobra class 4 will . I am on my second one of those. The Classic will not pull a better stitch than either of my Cobra Class 4's do. They have a reverse. You can buy 2 Cobra Class 4's for less than what a new Classic will cost you. `Don't get me wrong both are very good machines. If something happens to Tony Luberto, you may not have any service on a Classic. I would be happy with either machine as my main machine as I have had both and got along superbly with both. Right now I have a nearly new Cobra Class 4 and do 90% of my sewing on it. The rest I do on a chap machine. You may find a used Classic worth the money. I sold one two weeks ago and it was for sale for a long time. HTH Ken

The Classic and #9 are essentially the same but the Classic is better put together and has much nicer castings and neither compare to the Pearson (BUSMC) No6 in either build quality, mechanically or stitch quality (Luberto’s lack the auto thread tension mechanism of the Pearson).

Thanks gentlemen, I really appreciate your time in writing. I'll still keep an eye open for a Luberto as I'd like to have one in my collection alongside the other Pearsons. Tony Luberto was mentioned, does anyone have his contact details?? Best Regards Steve

Thanks gentlemen, I really appreciate your time in writing. I'll still keep an eye open for a Luberto as I'd like to have one in my collection alongside the other Pearsons. Tony Luberto was mentioned, does anyone have his contact details?? Best Regards Steve

I realize this post is a few months old but I have a Luberto #9 I'm trying to sell. If you are still looking I have what you're looking for. Contact me brahdaa att bellsouth dot net.

I realize this post is a few months old but I have a Luberto #9 I'm trying to sell. If you are still looking I have what you're looking for. Contact me brahdaa att bellsouth dot net.

Hi, change to this email format to avoid spam "brahdaa att bellsouth dot net".

Good luck with the sale

Tor

I realize this post is a few months old but I have a Luberto #9 I'm trying to sell. If you are still looking I have what you're looking for. Contact me brahdaa at bellsouth dot net

Hi, change to this email format to avoid spam "brahdaa att bellsouth dot com".

Good luck with the sale

Tor

Thanks for the tip I reported the email to the moderator so it can be deleted.

There's a #9 that has been updated to make it like the Classic on ebay.

Item #15107750677

You can find Tony Luberto at 860-564-8252 and email is Classiccub@att.net

Edited by casemaker

You can find Tony Luberto at 860-564-8252 and email is Classiccub@att.net

Thank you casemaker that looks like the one I have. So, it is a Ferdinand #9. I did try calling Tony and have linked with him on LinkedIn. We have been playing a bit of phone tag and my days at work prevent me calling during normal work hours. I'll try his email and see if I have better luck. I appreciate your help thank you so much.

i have never heard of a Lumberto's Classic. You probably mean Luberto Classic.