fgabesz

Scandinavian Type Leather Knife Sheath

OK. What did you do with the seam?

Very striking!

no sewing. :yeah:

Because the resolution of the picture is so high I was able to zoom up to 300% and it is quite a strange connection that was used for the seam....Looks really cool but I have a sneaky suspicion that it would be much easier to sew!! I would love to know how it was done though!!

Yes, yes, I've seen on the BB forum, I learned from Bwildered. :)

That is really cool. Beautiful work.

Pete

Nice design love it, sheath is deceiving as to the shape of the blade....was wondering from first pic how the blade came out seeing the small handle on the sheath...lol. Very nice work.

One word: Stunning!

I like your execution of the stitchless seam, but I'm really intrigued by the beautiful molding. Can you share some details about how you managed that? I imagine that you must have carved a wooden last, connected all the elements of the seam and then forced the closed, wet leather onto the form. Then somehow you managed to remove the dry, molded leather from the form. Very well done!

I am also liking the texture of the leather. Did you use textured leather or did you apply it yourself? If so, would you mind giving us a few hints as to how?

Thanks for sharing,

Michelle

Sorry, my English is poor, but I'll try to explain. First step, I made a wooden sheath. After that, I made a very, very accurate pattern. Then the wet skin, the half of length of the tabs linkage and put it in a wooden sheath. Then I finished the linkage, and I put the knife in the sheath. Finally, bone knife formatted pattern.

fgabesz, thank you for your kind reply. Your English is far, far better than my magyar nyelv! I understand your description. Lots of very exacting work!

Warm regards,

Michelle

Edited by silverwingit