grammyd

Knife Sheath For 2 Knives

I have been asked to make a knife sheath to hold two fishing knives. Any ideas on how to construct this? I got a few ideas but don't want to waste the leather so I am looking for help.

I have been asked to make a knife sheath to hold two fishing knives. Any ideas on how to construct this? I got a few ideas but don't want to waste the leather so I am looking for help.

Make some patterns on paper! They don't have to be exact but you can come real close. The important thing is (I take it that there is no 2 fish knife sheath already) that you can get as creative as you want.

Paper doesn't cost anything - want to bounce some ideas off some of the "artists" here? SHow the knives and place them in the picture on a table in a few different but practical positions.

I think that there are a few thousand folks that watch this forum that might give you a few good ideas!

BE CREATIVE!!! Have fun with this.

As a friend told me years ago when I was trying to build my first hot rod and was puzzled with the wiring harness "are you smarter than plastic?" uh....yea!

Let us know how it's going.

pete

HI Doris;;

Pete is right on with paper patterns ,, I would lay knives side by side then go from there...have fun...let us know how it go's ;;simple is some times better??

regards Doc

I have made a few. When I find the pics on my laptop I will post them. This one is of a horizontal knife sheath, fire starter and sharpender. All wet and formed. The sheath can be carried by itself. Might give you some Ideas

post-10063-006543800 1285798304_thumb.jp

I have made a few. When I find the pics on my laptop I will post them. This one is of a horizontal knife sheath, fire starter and sharpender. All wet and formed. The sheath can be carried by itself. Might give you some Ideas

Thanks, your pic does give me some ideas.

I haven't been asked to make one in 20 years but I have a few pics of them.Dave

The first two are by my mentor Sandy Morrissey, the other two I just saw on the net.

morrissey_sheathed_2.jpg

morrissey_oupa_3.jpg

user11971_pic40268_1273428005.jpg

025-1.jpg

I made this one for a customer several years ago.

post-11301-095781400 1285803284_thumb.jp

I haven't been asked to make one in 20 years but I have a few pics of them.Dave

The first two are by my mentor Sandy Morrissey, the other two I just saw on the net.

morrissey_sheathed_2.jpg

morrissey_oupa_3.jpg

user11971_pic40268_1273428005.jpg

025-1.jpg

Thanks this really helps a lot just found out he wanted them one ontop of the other, these are perfect.

I made this one for a customer several years ago.

I like this, it is very nicely done. Thanks for sharing.