rdb

New Web Site

Okay, I spent the past 24 hours building this little site: http://www.rockyriverleather.com/index.php

So far, I just have the basic pages up, and the links working. You wont see much...There's a few old pix splashed here and there. If you spot things awry...let me know, please.

I intend for these pages to be the friendlier entrance to the shopping cart, which if you click on, you will see a typical Cart, but it's not set up yet, just the shell.That's for the next coming days.

I use Servage.net for hosting at http://www.servage.net/page/front/ (if you like them, let me know, you get stuff for turning your friends in....lol. I've been using them for a few years now, and no probs..quick email responses, and lots of script install goodies.

I used a basic open source site template, which I screwed around with, and will probably do more to it. It's like thousands of others, you still have to know your way around coding.

Here's a few questions to youse guys:

How are you promoting your sites?

What parts of your sites are attracting new looks?

What percentage of your business is coming from the sites?

You can ask questions of everybody yourself, or throw in some wisdom for the rest of us to learn from. If you have any horror stories to share, I'm sure we'll all love the juicy parts....

AND WHAT BETTER PLACE to post YOUR sites address. We should have a consolidated list of all our sites. Maybe Johanna can pick through this topic, and have enough to assemble that list for everyone??

The link isn't working for me.

Johanna

my web site works for me..try again..if not let me know..anybody else have the same problem?

it's probably a dns propagation issue Jo, new site domain and all..way up there in the great north, the wires are probably frozed....lol

rdb

Nice looking site!! I really like the how to page.

Mike

Thanx robert and rawhide...where's yours. List them here...

Looks good. I just realized that your right down the road from me. I'm over in Alamance County.

Jason

cool we should hook up ...maybe a trip to zack white's, or a midway beer!

If I had one I would but I'm a long way from that point. And plus I don't know a dang thing about computers!! Maybe one of these days.

Mike

Rawhide, If you can participate in an online forum, you can run a simple website. Google is your friend

Step 1:

Pick a website host $4-8 a month for simple ones, there's even a few free ones around still (with all you need to create a site).

Step 2: download some html/css software...my favorite -"html-kit" - http://www.chami.com/html-kit, and an ftp uploader -my favorite -"smartftp"

Step 3: Either make it up in your software, or download a free template (google free web templates).

Step 4: upload your new site, and rake in millions...lol

Thanks rdb and EagleSmith

Right now my 8yr old daughter is trying to teach me to type better. To let you know my computer skills. The other day we bought this data card for wireless internet. So when we get home my wife has to leave for a meeting at work and tells me not to touch or try to install the software. That she will do it when she gets home. Well thats like telling a kid not to look in box. I just couldn't help myself and I thought how hard can it be. I mean ya put the disk in and it tells ya everythingto do. So I went to install it and let me tell ya what that damn computer froze up tighter than bark on a tree. It was so bad I had to unplug it from the wall to reset it. So here I am in a panic because the wife is do home and I broke her computer. Well lucky for me I found the number of the place we bought it at and explained the situation and how I was fixin to be in a world of hurt. So they took pity on me and for 30 min they walked me thru the steps to get it right. So it will probaly be awhile before I try installing anything for awhile. But ya'll give me hope.

Mike

I like your site it is very clean and professional looking and easy to navigate, will look again soon to see what gets added.

My Site

http://prorodeooriginals.com

Dink

Dink

Nice site! Nice looking gear!

Mike

I bookmarked your site Dink...niiiice stuff

Dink,

Do you have a storefront or are you home-based.