Here is an example of a holster that I built that uses a paddle from Reactgear.com (think Blackhawk Serpa)

This can be interchanged with their belt loop attachment or a Tech-lock type attachment, or anchored to a shoulder harness utilizing the same hole pattern.

post-28005-080666000 1329255683_thumb.jp

The veiner for the leaves is a Hackbarth, but it has no number on it. I believe I got it directly from Ellis Barnes at one of the shows like WESA or the Sheridan Wyoming show

The next holster in the works is a plain black duty holster so it wont be quite as exciting to look at but I will probably post it anyway.

Here is an example of a holster that I built that uses a paddle from Reactgear.com (think Blackhawk Serpa)

This can be interchanged with their belt loop attachment or a Tech-lock type attachment, or anchored to a shoulder harness utilizing the same hole pattern.

I don't know a thing about these but that doesn't prevent me from telling your carving and sewing is exquisite, Cheryl

I've been looking to try the "Serpa " paddle , I can see lots of applications for it . BTW , very nice , clean work .

Chris

Nice work....very classic and easy on the eyes.

If you don't mind me asking....

How did you get that nice even & mellow saddle tan for the background? I'd like to dye like that so I don't ruin my work.

Thanks,

Ben

I just recently began keeping a log book of the exact finishing process used on each project. Unfortunately this was built as a Christmas present for my mother in 2010. (about 6 months before I began keeping track of the details)

To the best of my memory here is how it was finished.

The background dye is Feibings Dark brown spirit dye.

All untooled leather is airbrushed lightly with Feibings Saddle tan spirit dye.

Neat Lac was applied over all surfaces.

Feibings Tan (paste) antique was applied next, and buffed off.

When dry, Feibings Tan Kote was used as the final finish.

NoName

Thanks....

Again, nice work on that.

Ben

I just recently began keeping a log book of the exact finishing process used on each project. Unfortunately this was built as a Christmas present for my mother in 2010. (about 6 months before I began keeping track of the details)

To the best of my memory here is how it was finished.

The background dye is Feibings Dark brown spirit dye.

All untooled leather is airbrushed lightly with Feibings Saddle tan spirit dye.

Neat Lac was applied over all surfaces.

Feibings Tan (paste) antique was applied next, and buffed off.

When dry, Feibings Tan Kote was used as the final finish.

NoName