Sign in to follow this  

I'm almost finished with the Motorhead back patch I'm doing. I mixed some of the different colours of the Eco Flow dyes I have and it came out to a very nice dark reddish brown. I applied that with a dauber and ran a wet sponge over it in one direction then took some USMC Black and went over the outsides of the tooled areas. Now I want to do a silver and a silver/metallic red for the lettering and the center image. I don't have access to a Tandy store, only a small feed store that carries a very limited amount of leather supplies. So my question is, can I use a high quality spray paint for the colours I need and then use an antiquing finish on top of the whole thing? I want to spray the paint into a small container (with proper ventilation and protection of course!) then apply it wiht my brushes. The antique finish is a mahogany if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dirkin

my question would be ' will the dry spray paint chip when flexed movement is done?"

then maybe applying some sort of sheen on top would help keep it in place?

Maybe you could mix something with the spray paint so it wont flake in movement?

....but come to think of it I spray painted denim as a kid and it held up/.