KY23

First Sheridan Style Belt

Started my first Sheridan style belt. I can tell I'm improving. This first attempt looks kind of sloppy. I used non-sheridan style tools. Still happy with the outcome. Waiting on my Wyo Sheen to antique. I started a new section using sheridan style tools and it does look better. More detailed.

I am also playing with a craftool pedal lifter. I like the effect but still learning how to use it. Not much documentation on how to use it correctly that I can find.

post-14350-0-88705500-1407977655_thumb.j

post-14350-0-82155100-1407977704_thumb.j

You're off to a good start. It does look like your leather may be too wet when you are tooling it. Also, I see in a few places where you didn't stamp your veiner on the leaves the same way on the same leaf. For the petal lifter, looking at the flower in the second picture I think your using it correctly. I tap mine into the curves I want to lift and then tilt it back on it's heel slightly as I pull it out. This causes the flower petal to rise up more and give more relief.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Thank you Bob. I wasn't properly casing my leather. I've just started more practice on a properly cased piece of leather that is much more dry and I can really tell the difference. Easier to tool and much better results.

Tried again by making a dog collar for my Giant Schnauzer Sam. Used properly cased leather this time. Much better I think. Still practicing the details.

post-14350-0-89615600-1408071344_thumb.j

post-14350-0-99603900-1408071375_thumb.j