Sign in to follow this  
The Farmers Daughter

Anyone Know Of A Saddler Named Tim Davis?

I checked on line but nothing came up. I bought a barrel saddle at auction and it says 'hand made by Tim Davis'. It looks to be vintage 1970's.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

post-12483-036687500 1307988537_thumb.jp

i dont know...that sure dont look like a hand made saddle...

I checked on line but nothing came up. I bought a barrel saddle at auction and it says 'hand made by Tim Davis'. It looks to be vintage 1970's.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

That is from American Saddlery in Chattanooga Tenn. They used makers names on their saddles to give them the appearance of being handmades but were little more than production items. I'm sure the named makers were actually employees and may have done the final assembly or finishing.

Kind Regards

Blake

That is from American Saddlery in Chattanooga Tenn. They used makers names on their saddles to give them the appearance of being handmades but were little more than production items. I'm sure the named makers were actually employees and may have done the final assembly or finishing.

Kind Regards

Blake

Oh well, it is a little disappointing, but since I only paid $250 for it, I'm not too upset.

My main gripe with makers who use a keeper for identification is it is easily switched to another saddle.