Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

Cellphone case

A guy doing some framing work for me asked if I could make him a cell phone case with a masonic symbol on the front. Here's what I came up with. (nothing fancy)

Tell me what you all think. :whatdoyouthink:

Thanks,

Marlon

DSC01504.JPG

post-3307-1200200286_thumb.jpg

Looks Nice.

Be careful of the snap placement. Some of these new cellphones are a pain in the but as far as the LCD panels on the front. They Break easy then the cellular company says they will do nothing because it was not in the case they sold for phone. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I switched to HD Velcro that they use on prothesis.

Marlon, that looks real good. Where did you get the Masonic symbol? I have a friend that would love one of those, his company logo kind of incorporates it into the name.

Ken

You have a point about the front LCDs... bought my wife a RAZR and the damn glass (believe it or not... real glass) has been broken three times... the last time I said screw it....

Nice case... I cant believe a framer (carpenter) wanted a masons symbol on it.... isnt that like giving your dog catnip?

Great case and you did a great job on the square and compass it is hard to tool in and make it look right. Boy man did you do a good job and hit that on the head.

Russell

Looks great man.

sidenote: i've been using very small super strong magnets. One on the strap over and then a cap rivet on the case or i glue a small washer inside the case . Then cover it with lining and for lining on phone cased i use the stick on felt stuff from HomeD or Lowe's. They call it Felt Gard .

Very nice work. I use velcro on mine because of the risk of breaking the screen. freak, where do you get those magnets?

Marlon,

Very nice job on the case. Any "traveling man" would be proud to own it!

Randy

Grumpy i get them at NorthernTool . I can't seem to find them on there site but they're there somewhere. You can also get them online at

magnetsource.com

I use the small ones # 07045. They are just smaller then a pencil eraser. I super glue it to the flap over part.

A guy doing some framing work for me asked if I could make him a cell phone case with a masonic symbol on the front. Here's what I came up with. (nothing fancy)

Tell me what you all think. :whatdoyouthink:

Thanks,

Marlon

Marlin: very, very nice case.

russ

a fine looking case. you do fine looking work Marlon .

the brother will like it.

And for all you keyfob fans.............

square_compass.jpg

post-1925-1200235114_thumb.jpg

Thanks to you all for your compliments. The tooling wasn't too hard, but I had to use a detail swivel knife blade to cut most of it, and a Barry King teardrop backgrounder for the background work. Even an A104 BG wouldn't fit.

Looks Nice.

Be careful of the snap placement. Some of these new cellphones are a pain in the but as far as the LCD panels on the front. They Break easy then the cellular company says they will do nothing because it was not in the case they sold for phone. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I switched to HD Velcro that they use on prothesis.

John,

I would have used velcro if he had a screen on the front. If I could find some really thin magnets I would try that. But I used the snap since his is just a simple clamshell type.

Marlon, that looks real good. Where did you get the Masonic symbol? I have a friend that would love one of those, his company logo kind of incorporates it into the name.

Ken

Ben, I just googled masonic symbol and clicked the images link and there were a slew of them, so I just picked one that looked good and fit my application.

Thanks again for all the compliments.

Marlon

And also a cover for the Craftsman...

Nice work!!

This site has lots of magnets that would work. http://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=10

ArtS

Thanks to you all for your compliments. The tooling wasn't too hard, but I had to use a detail swivel knife blade to cut most of it, and a Barry King teardrop backgrounder for the background work. Even an A104 BG wouldn't fit.

John,

I would have used velcro if he had a screen on the front. If I could find some really thin magnets I would try that. But I used the snap since his is just a simple clamshell type.

Ben, I just googled masonic symbol and clicked the images link and there were a slew of them, so I just picked one that looked good and fit my application.

Thanks again for all the compliments.

Marlon

Thanks for the link ArtS.

Beverslayer, I just realized I misspelled your name. Sorry about that.

Marlon

Thanks for the link ArtS.

Beverslayer, I just realized I misspelled your name. Sorry about that.

Marlon

And you did it again.... LOL Thats why i just call him the Beave....

Damn it. Sorry again KEN.

Ha, got it right that time.

Marlon

Damn it. Sorry again KEN.

Ha, got it right that time.

Marlon

LOL

:rofl: