realmontanan

ARTISAN 3000

I had to tell some one! I called Mark with ARTISAN machines this morning and after thinking for a week + decided to get the ARTISAN 3000. With the few quearies I've made here at LEATHERWORKER, I've gotten plenty of interest and feedback from guys here on the forum and that really made a difference which machine I went with. And I appreicate that.......a lot.

I haven't really been much involved with any other posting or anything, just basically lurking and reading every night till about 2;00 AM. And I've learned a hell of a lot really. Especially when it comes to the places to get certain items.......and the tutorials, the tutorials are fabulous to boot!!!

I'm a knife maker by trade and haven't gotten around to posting my photo or much else here but that's gotta change.

I thank you all for all your comments, opinions, and heart felt convictions. They are all SO important to a rank newbie!

Sincerely, Colin Paterson

aka realmontanan

Hi Colin,

Just as a point of interest, because you are a knifemaker, that little old curmudgeon Bob Loveless (yes he is still alive) uses Artisan machines.

Art

I had to tell some one! I called Mark with ARTISAN machines this morning and after thinking for a week + decided to get the ARTISAN 3000. With the few quearies I've made here at LEATHERWORKER, I've gotten plenty of interest and feedback from guys here on the forum and that really made a difference which machine I went with. And I appreicate that.......a lot.

I haven't really been much involved with any other posting or anything, just basically lurking and reading every night till about 2;00 AM. And I've learned a hell of a lot really. Especially when it comes to the places to get certain items.......and the tutorials, the tutorials are fabulous to boot!!!

I'm a knife maker by trade and haven't gotten around to posting my photo or much else here but that's gotta change.

I thank you all for all your comments, opinions, and heart felt convictions. They are all SO important to a rank newbie!

Sincerely, Colin Paterson

aka realmontanan

I had to tell some one! I called Mark with ARTISAN machines this morning and after thinking for a week + decided to get the ARTISAN 3000. ...

Congratulations! You're going to enjoy it. Just got my own machine a week ago, and am finding the folks at Artisan as 100% responsive after the sale as before. I haven't sewn a darn thing yet except tons of practice on scraps. I'm finding there's a bit of skill or finesse required, but it comes pretty quickly.

Bill

Colin,

I'm sure you will love the 3000. I updated from a Tippmann Boss a year ago and never looked back.

Randy

I wouldn't mind having a 3000 for a second heavy stitcher. Is it coming stock with the blanket foot and needle plate, or with a dogless plate?

ed

Hi Ed,

The ones I have seen come with dogs. I wouldn't call it a blanket foot like I have on my 4000P, but the one I have seen had a double toe foot on it. Don't know what they ship with now. There are a lot of 3000s here on the Forum, someone chime in.

Art

I wouldn't mind having a 3000 for a second heavy stitcher. Is it coming stock with the blanket foot and needle plate, or with a dogless plate?

ed

Hi Ed,

The ones I have seen come with dogs. I wouldn't call it a blanket foot like I have on my 4000P, but the one I have seen had a double toe foot on it. Don't know what they ship with now. There are a lot of 3000s here on the Forum, someone chime in.

Art

Hmmmm? I bought all to do-dads that went with it to....the list was a long one for sure. Probably have to go to the Artisan site....

Colin

I received my Artisan Toro 3000 last week. I did not buy any extra feet and have since ordered the. The standard machine comes with the "Left Side" foot. You can get: Center Groover ($95); Right Side ($85); Double Toe ($90); Blanket Outside ($69); Blanket Inside ($55). The standard needle plat is curved with an open slot for the bottom smooth surface drive to work through. You can get Slotted ($85); Stirrup ($157); Holster ($154); Blanket ($70). Mine also came with the Swing out roller edge guide as part of the package. I also bought the optional Work Platform to give me the option of having a flat work surface. It is easy to attach and easy to remove.