Made holster and used Eco-flo professional water stain. Wat type finish can be applied over this. I had project by my sink as I was washing my hands and little water droplets got on dyed leather left small dark spots so apprehensive about trying something without darkening.

Welcome to LW.net --- To answer your question, I believe just about any normal top coat will work with this product, Super sheen, leather balm with atom wax, etc...

For more info you can read this thread... http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=34586

You can use just about any of the finishes out there as a top sealer. Being as you used the Eco-Flo water based stain you should probably use the Eco-Flo Super Sheen as it is formulated to better work with that product. If you use the Leather Balm with Atom Wax you will see a darkening of the leather so, being as you have indicated that you have now gotten water spots on the finished product and they are darker than the remaining area, you may want to consider this as the "go to" product. You may also want to consider giving the overall piece a coating of Pure Neetsfoot Oil first and allow it to set in overnight. It will darken the leather as well and could help balance out the spots with the rest of the finish.

However, keep in mind that no matter what top finish you use this item will naturally darken over time. Also, you need to be aware of the fact that being as you have used water based stain there is a risk of rub-off and any moisture that the finished product is exposed to could cause the coloring to run or bleed. This holds true for any water based product and that is why when you want a lasting finish you need to use the chemical based dyes and stains.