I finished up this ranch cutter last week, which is my saddle #3. It sold the day I finished it, so I felt good about that. I sure get a lot out of everyone's experience here, Thank You for that.0308_1.jpg0308_2.jpg0308_3.jpg0308_4.jpg

post-5250-1205456410_thumb.jpg

post-5250-1205456429_thumb.jpg

post-5250-1205456446_thumb.jpg

post-5250-1205456498_thumb.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. Sigh, I really need to learn how to make saddles. To me they are the perfect match of art and practicality.

Jason

Beautiful craftsmanship!!!

I am in awe......someday I wanna try one, even though my horse days are way behind me.

Wonderful work and congrats on the sale. You saddlers just knock me out with the work that you do.

Keep sharing your projects.

Dave Theobald

http://www.theobaldleather.com

This is surely a beautiful peace of art. Very nice.

Many Thanks for all the generous comments...........I surely appreciate it. JW

jw that is a great saddle. where did you get the tree.what kind of horn did you have put in the tree? thanks judy

Classy job! Unusual to see "mulehide wrap" on a cutter, is the tree and horn designed for more than just a handle to steady a rider cutting in an arena? Most cutters aren't made to stand up to a rope as the trees are often thin southern pine for the bars and small bases on the horn. Nice flat seat which would appeal to serious cutting competiors.

Tackmaker............the tree is from Ray Lewis, and it is a ranch cutter, with a TD (Texas Dally) horn, 3" tall. I have used 6 trees from Ray so far, and have been happy with them.

Grumpyguy.........this is a ranch cutter. More bar surface area than your standard BW cutter tree. It will stand up to what ever you care to put your rope on. Matter of fact, this one pictured already has. The feller that bought it doctors lots of yearlings, and competes in ranch versatility contests as well.

Many Thanks to you both for your comments. JW