Sign in to follow this  
rwc

first saddle

completed_wade_saddle_left_side.JPGThis is my first saddle to make and first attempt at posting a picture. It's a bad shot but if successful will get another made and post.

post-5869-1206381568_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your accomplishment. It's a learning experience, isn't it? Have you ridden it yet?

wade_saddle__1.JPGwade_saddle__1.JPGI have ridden it and made it for myself to ride. I've ridden a lot of saddles and probably like it the most of any...wonder why?I train and trail ride and (personally) find tooling hard to keep clean. I mainly wanted a work saddle and yes it definetly is a learning experience. I know I can do much better next time and will get started tooling.This board has been a lot of help as has my local friend Mr. Hattely. I had nightmares of it just totally disentergrating when I stepped into the stirrup but has not as of yet and I'm confident it won't. Here's another pic.

post-5869-1206446248_thumb.jpg

Ronnie, You did very good on the saddle. As We both know you did have your hands full on building your first one.

and yes it has been a pleasur to talk to you during the construction of this saddle.

" and of course i will saddle up with you and ride the range" :cowboy::guitar:

It's quite a mile stone to have actually finished your first saddle. I've seen it where someone wants to build their own saddle, buy all the makings and materials. Get started only to leave it and never finish it.

Congratulations on completing your first saddle.

Congrats on your first saddle i know how you feeel once its compleeted, Don