DoubleC

Is It Possible To Get A Walking Foot For My Singers?

Well not actually singers, my 1-91. The other two are hand crank and treadle. Well I don't know maybe those add on things work with them too, I just don't know enough about them. Thanks, Cheryl

Cheryl;

I bought a so-called walking foot attachment for my 15-91. All it does is allow the top layer to move at the same rate of speed as the bottom feed. There is no drive on top. They are spring loaded to snap forward when the feeder drops below the throat plate. In reality, these devices are even-feed attachments.

You will lose about 1/8 inch of available thickness that can be sewn, to allow for the height of the alternating feet. So, if you were able to sew 1/4 inch, you will end up at about 1/8 inch, or so, with the attachment.

Thanks Wiz, I didn't think they would do anything, but I wanted someone who knows to tell me. Cheryl

I prefer to call these "even feed" attachments and they probably work well enough for quilting but that is all they are good for.