camano ridge

Is Glock 30 Blue Gun Close Enough To Use For Glock 30 Sf

Looking for anyone who has made a holster for the Glock 30SF. is the Glock 30 blue gun close enough to use for the 30 SF. the specs look like about a .15" difference in slide width and the manual safety.

I did not feel like it was close enough and turned down an order a while back. Looks like I might be ordering one soon though. The main problem is that the 30 is wider, if you stitch it closer there may be no way to check fit with the larger gun. I had considered using a 9mm, but that was too far off too IMO.

And now there is the Glock 42 coming out. fun, fun.

It's a little confusing, I found that there is the 30, 30s and 30 sf. I have a customer that wants a holster for a 30sf. WHen I check the forums and the specs there are discrepencies in that they say the 30S is slimmer then th 30 sf built on the 30 sf slide yet when you look at the specs The description of the 30 S says it has a slimmer slide then the SF yet the width shows the same.

Edited by camano ridge

The G30 and the G30SF are basically the same, including slide width, The only difference is that the G30SF (short frame) is very slightly shorter from the backstrap to the trigger.(think better for smaller hands) The G30 blue gun should be fine for you to make a G30SF holster..

I think you guys are confusing the newer G30S with the G30SF. The G30S has the thinner slide/barrel of the G36 on a G30SF frame.....So a G30 blue gun would not work to make a G30S holster.

PS. There is no manual safety on any standard factory Glock. They all use the Glock "safe action trigger"

Edited by BEARDOG

Thanks, however I am aware of the 30, 30S 30SF. I have a request for a holster for the 30SF. I have only found Blue guns for the 30 and the 30S. Have not found one for the 30SF. Was trying to see if either the 30 or the 30 s would work. Does not look like the 30 will work. However when looking at the 30s and the 30sf. The description says the 30 S has a slimmer slide then the 30SF yet the spec sheets show they are both 1.27" measured at the same place. I am not to concerned about the back strap mainly the slide area that will be in the holster.

The 30/30SF interchange in my experience, the 30S is a league all it's own. The only difference between the 30/30SF is a Short Frame to my knowledge. If the mold is a Gen 3 the safety is smaller so leave some extra room.

Edited by Eaglestroker

Thanks, Eaglestroker for your input. I guess I am going to have to get a 30S Blue gun and compare it to a 30SF at the store. I have the 30 blue gun. THe slide on it is 1.15" slimmer then the 30sf or 30S which are both suposed to be 1.27"

Darnit, scratch my earlier comment. I had the G36 on my brain. I just built one for the 30s with a standard .45 frame blue gun.

My apologies. I was thinking slimline instead of short frame. Doh!

G30 blue gun will work for the G30SF. Dont know why youre even looking at the 30S, which is an animal all its own, as many here have already told you.

Thanks shooter I did understand the 30S is different. I have the 30 and in comparing the specs the thirty appears different as well.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Edited by camano ridge

Great, anybody else notice that the Glock website says the 30s has a slimmer slide then lists it as the same width as the standard g30? And they show the measurement as the slide measurement?

Glock is getting as crazy as dealing with Sig's.

Yes,m that is where my confusion was comming from and some place I found the width of the 30 showing as 1.15". I think I am squared away now.

I am going with the G30 blue gun even thoe the SF is supposed to stand for short frame. I went to shooters link and just for the heck of it I added the 30S for compariison and it shows basically the same dimensions for all three. Just a little difference in overall length. http://us.glock.com/products/compare?g1=g30sf&g2=g30&g3=g30s&g4=

The 30S frame is the same frame as the 30. However the slide is slightly slimmer. Which is what makes absolutely no sense to me, the gain is super negligable moving to the G30S from the G30. If the frame is fatter than the slide, then what difference does a slimmer slide really make? Sure you save 3.5 ounces, but come on, really?

I dont understand the 30S OR the soon the be released 42

I dont understand the 30S OR the soon the be released 42

What I don't understand is why not a single stack 9mm? Understand it or not, I've considered buying one because I'm sure it will be a big hit.

This dependence on blue guns, without having real pistols for authenticating, worries me in general. For myself, lacking real guns in Australia, at great expense all the holsters I make are authenticated with real pistols at High Noon. Each and every one. And that begins at the design stage before 'production' begins.

To think that a holster maker has complied with professional due diligence, using only plastic non-working replicas, scares the hell out of me.

I think this forum is too oriented to the hobbyist for me, so this will be my last post. Good luck!

Dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya Red!

Just an FYI my Rings G30 measures 1.11 and specs for allll the G30s say 1.27. So it will probbaly come out pretty snug.

Red is very knowlagble in holster making and design and has designs to his credit having worked for some major holster manufactures since the 1950's, However he lacks social skills.

Wow...

I have both the G30 and the G30s.

The G30s has a slide that is slightly wider than a 1911 with the same frame as the G30, but has a narrower slide than the G30.

A holster made with and formed with the G30s will be too tight to accept a G30 easily.

That said...

I have seen the blue gun on Rings for the G21SF and it shows a different rail than the G21SF a customer brought me to make his holster. Needless to say I was even more confused than usual.

As long as the G30SF you are building for has the standard Glock rail you will be fine using a G30 to make the holster.

And well said Shooter! I don't know why some ppl make idiotic comments on this forum. Not everyone here can afford to buy the "real thing", the best tools, best leather, etc and most turn out some damn nice work.

I have used dummy guns for 95% of the holsters I make for the last four years and have yet to have one returned because it did not fit or function properly and safely.

But hey, what do I know, I'm just an amateur.