SCOUTER

"Betty Boop"

I have this friend at work, he is about to retire... We were talking one day and he tells me that he LOVES Betty Boop, in fact he got a tattoo of her on his arm when he was 50 years old! He said "That's my girl!" So I made this for him... :)

LeatherBetty.jpg

post-5432-1204116091_thumb.jpg

Nice,i can even say :"poo pou pidou"

I like it.

the original pin-up girl!

This chick is smokin!!! I feel dirty now. Well, more....

very nice scouter...what type of dye are you using for the colors

I wonder what kind of books he'll be marking with that? If it is a bookmark.

very nice scouter...what type of dye are you using for the colors

Hey Roo, On this one the carving only measures 2 and a half inches by 7 and a half inches. (Very Small) For color I used a set of ultra thin SHARPIES I bought from Staples! The only paint is the white eye-balls (acrylic). The border is done with Ball point pen. All high tech stuff! :)

Hey Roo, On this one the carving only measures 2 and a half inches by 7 and a half inches. (Very Small) For color I used a set of ultra thin SHARPIES I bought from Staples! The only paint is the white eye-balls (acrylic). The border is done with Ball point pen. All high tech stuff! :)

I like using ordinary things on projects. The pen in the border is a great idea. I used to use carbon paper to transfer patterns onto leather.The black added some shading along the cuts although it was a bit messy and I think the residue contributed to the blade getting dull. I wonder how the sharpies would hold up on something like a seat?

I like using ordinary things on projects. The pen in the border is a great idea. I used to use carbon paper to transfer patterns onto leather.The black added some shading along the cuts although it was a bit messy and I think the residue contributed to the blade getting dull. I wonder how the sharpies would hold up on something like a seat?

Good call busted. I used a sharpie on a stepping stone once and even coated it after...a few times, and I think the sun and rain kicked it's butt. The writing is still there but faded. I suppose it's worth a try. I am on the phone now ordering a few different color sharpies. I shall give it a try and get back to you all. Let me know what you find. Scouter, you have started a domino affect of sharpie creation....lol

I wonder how the sharpies would hold up on something like a seat?

Good question. I used them recently on some fabric for touch-up. The color only lasted through a couple of cleanings, which kind of suprised me, because they sure seem permanent when you get the ink on something you don't want to get it on!

Bill

Very nice!

Busted- The carbon paper can get a little messy... Try GRAPHITE paper! Looks the same but transfers GRAPHITE onto the leather much like a pencil (also graphite) then you can wet (case) the leather and the graphite remains! I love it! Also, I first grove a border line then run my Ball Point pen down the grove (using a ruler so it will not POP out of the groove)

Spider- I have been using sharpies and markers for a while now, some different brand markers will fade some will not... Be careful when coating the project, always test. Most finishes will bleed the markers so you might want to spray on a few LIGHT coats of finish. Also a good test of how "permanent" a marker is- Get some on your hand... Leather dye takes a long time to clean off- so does a good marker. :)

Thanks to all...

Good luck!

Edited by SCOUTER

Busted- The carbon paper can get a little messy... Try GRAPHITE paper! Looks the same but transfers GRAPHITE onto the leather much like a pencil (also graphite) then you can wet (case) the leather and the graphite remains! I love it! Also, I first grove a border line then run my Ball Point pen down the grove (using a ruler so it will not POP out of the groove)

Spider- I have been using sharpies and markers for a while now, some different brand markers will fade some will not... Be careful when coating the project, always test. Most finishes will bleed the markers so you might want to spray on a few LIGHT coats of finish. Also a good test of how "permanent" a marker is- Get some on your hand... Leather dye takes a long time to clean off- so does a good marker. :)

Thanks to all...

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip,I'll try it out!

I have this friend at work, he is about to retire... We were talking one day and he tells me that he LOVES Betty Boop, in fact he got a tattoo of her on his arm when he was 50 years old! He said "That's my girl!" So I made this for him... :)

LeatherBetty.jpg

Scouter - that is one nice piece of work.