Sign in to follow this  
Trevor

X811 X502 and X500

I have a question. I need to know the exact dimensions and a close up photo of 3 Craftool punches. they are X811 X502 and X500 please.

I have a basketweave machine and require a tool that I can finish the ends with. These of course want to be close to the size of the imprint. Many thanks anyone !!!

I have a question. I need to know the exact dimensions and a close up photo of 3 Craftool punches. they are X811 X502 and X500 please.

I have a basketweave machine and require a tool that I can finish the ends with. These of course want to be close to the size of the imprint. Many thanks anyone !!!

Trevor... what is a Basketweave machine :dunno:

:coffeecomp: Hey there. Sorry to be so dumb and not explain myself a little better.

Here are some photos of the machine I have just had made. Cost me heaps but well worth the effort I think.

It is a jewelers rolling mill (very cheap one I might add) with some very nice (and expensive) brass rollers which I had made to roll out a belt (4 sizes) with a basketweave pattern.

Now what I need is the right sized craft tool (or whatever brand) to match the pattern so I can finish the pattern with a pointed end.

I have been looking at the tools online but they are very hard to see exactly how big they are. I was wondering if anyone has the 3 stamps in the other post could they measure them for me. These are the ones that I think match the pattern and the edge scallop quite well. cheers

Basketweave_belt.jpg

Basketweave_roller2.jpg

Basketweave_roller.jpg

post-2565-1185681275_thumb.jpg

post-2565-1185681315_thumb.jpg

post-2565-1185681338_thumb.jpg

Thats a home made embossing machine....

Here is the Tandy machine:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=3800-00

here are the belt assessories:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=3800-01

and here is the Name Blank Adapter:

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=3880-00

What I suggest is that you take the Die you already have back to whomever you had make it to start with, and have them use it to make a die for the tapered ends of the belts for you. This way, it is done to match exactly the die you will be using for the body of the belt, and it will look good. I am assuming that since you need three different patterns, you already have a die made for each of these patterns and just need end embossers made to match? Or are you wanting to have new dies made for these patterns?

How much did the jewlers machine and conversion cost compaired to the tandy one listed above? and how much you paying for the dies? I think tandy sells their dies for around 50 or so....

Thanks.... and hope this helps....

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Yeah its something that Ive wanted to do for ages and its a very nice finish as you can see. I have only two different rollers which are made out of solid brass stock. These are very high quality and not cast like the tandy ones. Yes it cost me about 2k all up ($NZ) which is about 1500 $US.

What I need is some tools which are for the smaller roller that will allow me to hand finish the pointed ends. Its only about 10 or 15 impressions and very simple. I have looked at the craftool ones and need a better photo of the end to see if they are the right ones.

Ch eers Trevor

:)

IMG_0279_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg IMG_0280_Gro_e_Webansicht.jpg

the ruler is in MM

post-1381-1185716851_thumb.jpg

post-1381-1185716873_thumb.jpg

Edited by Don101

Thanks Don much appreciated. Very helpful Cheers T