Rock76

A couple of holsters for a good friend.

Here are a couple new projects I made for my best bud who's helped me out a LOT over the years. :whatdoyouthink:

-Adam

1911_snap_avenger___mag.jpg

1911_IWB2.jpg

1911_snap_avenger___mag.jpg

1911_IWB2.jpg

post-8447-1243553970_thumb.jpg

post-8447-1243553993_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rock76

:You_Rock_Emoticon: I like them a lot. Superb molding/boning. He will be very pleased.

Looks like one of Josh Bulmans...Good job. One of my very favorites.

Fantastic job!

Art

You holsters look better every time you post.

Thanks for the comments guys. I gave them to him yesterday, and he was really suprised. Made my day.

They are beautiful. I have a question about pattern layout. I just started and one the the guys suggested I get my stitching closer to the gun. After you trace around the gun with your pencil how far away would you start your stitching ? ! left about a half an inch from the pencil line.

Thanks

Randy

I just started and one the the guys suggested I get my stitching closer to the gun. After you trace around the gun with your pencil how far away would you start your stitching ? ! left about a half an inch from the pencil line.

It all depends. :) 1/2 the thickness of the gun is the rule of thumb. But that depends on how close the profile matches the the gun and how much the gun's true cross section differs from a rectangle.

I went back and found the pics of your 2 holsters. Looking at the M&P holster you can tighten the stitching up by the length of 2 stitches pretty safely. So if you used 6SPI you should be able to move the stitch line in about 1/3 of an inch around the dust cover. A little less around the trigger guard.

Use the result you get from one attempt to adjust your stitch lines on the pattern. After a couple of tries they should be perfect.

Your craftsmanship on that holster is really nice BTW. I know my second wasn't that good.

Revolvers are harder to judge when first making the pattern but once the holster is completed you can do the same approach to correct. Look at the result and adjust the stitch line as needed.

Dan

They are beautiful. I have a question about pattern layout. I just started and one the the guys suggested I get my stitching closer to the gun. After you trace around the gun with your pencil how far away would you start your stitching ? ! left about a half an inch from the pencil line.

Thanks

Randy

Pretty much exactly what dbusarow said :yes: . It sometimes takes me a "practice run" and a little tweaking of my pattern on a new gun model to get the stitches to end up where I want them.

Thanks for the compliments guys!