Sign in to follow this  
RMB Custom Leather

Need A Piece Of Scrap Black Alligator, Anyone Want To Sale

I NEED a piece of scrap black Alligator, I can get by with 5" x 8" piece. If there is anyone who has some scrap they want to sell just drop me a line. rob@rmbblades.com

Old post that popped up in the suggestion box at the bottom and saw you never gave a follow-up. Did you ever get your alligator?

I am looking for Louisiana tanned gator, but it seems all I can find are salted hides. Looks like most of it goes overseas. Why, oh why can I not find Louisiana Alligator in Louisiana!

I am looking for Louisiana tanned gator, but it seems all I can find are salted hides. Looks like most of it goes overseas. Why, oh why can I not find Louisiana Alligator in Louisiana!

Woohoo, I found a guy that will catch me a gator and veg tan the hide with acorns. ALL for trading for to have some stuff made!!! I don't know how it works, but hey, he said they have been doing it like that since before the war of northern aggression.

Well I'd say if they've been doin it since before THE WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION, go for it. That's been ~150 years, by gum.

If oak tan cow is good, suppose acorn tanned gator would be fine. Never argue with a man that catches gator!

Just get-er-done and post pictures.

Kevin

Well I'd say if they've been doin it since before THE WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION, go for it. That's been ~150 years, by gum.

If oak tan cow is good, suppose acorn tanned gator would be fine. Never argue with a man that catches gator!

Just get-er-done and post pictures.

Kevin

We have to wait for the season to open, He had been just catching his gators for MEAT and not keeping the hides! I quoted him a price for a holster, and he said I didn't charge him enough, and said he was paying $15 more than I quoted! I gave him a good price because I want me some gator. He told me the difference between the black gators and brown gator is just the black gator's are wild and the brown are the captive gators, I always thought it was due to age. I don't know how exactly I would go about keeping the tag, I guess I just leave that part attached as long as possible and then retain it once I sell everything made with the gator. Oh well, I hope to have some gator this fall!