David

Bandidos seat finished

This seat is finally finished....these big seat take a lot more time than the smaller solo seats. I've shown a "regular" SPS seat next to it for scale. I never cared for the proportions of the bigger seat, but this one looks ok to me. Critiques, and comments always welcome. Before someone asks, Bandidos is spelled correctly...lol

David Theobald

http://theobaldleather.com

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

post-5652-1206288621_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1206288632_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1206288644_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1206288657_thumb.jpg

I love looking at your stuff Dave. Your work is fantasic. Great looking seat!

That is AWESOME David!

Love that skull and "thistles" motif!

Tom

I like the "reversed" shadow lettering...old school.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys, my hands are really sore today.....this big seat is really heavy and really stressed my hands and wrists.

Dave Theobald

That's a cool looking seat. That patch holder is going to be very impressed, I'm sure. So will his brothers. Might be some seats for them in your future. Great looking work.

That's a cool looking seat. That patch holder is going to be very impressed, I'm sure. So will his brothers. Might be some seats for them in your future. Great looking work.

Thanks Grumpy,

I'll be glad to do seats for them if asked. The chap who ordered this one is an Iraq vet that I met at SPS East just after he returned home. Nice guy.

Dave Theobald

Very Very nice seat as always David, love the color of this one.

Ken

I can never get enough of looking at your seats. They are really really nice.

David- Amazing workmanship all around! Just Beautiful! Thanks for posting!

David- Amazing workmanship all around! Just Beautiful! Thanks for posting!

Great looking seat David, you do amazing work!

i'm starting a LARGE solo seat for a gentleman ,He clocks in about 6'6" over 300 lbs,

so the seat is large with heavy 1'x3/8" steel ribs for strength on the seat pan, so the seat is thick too.

I made the pan out of 14 gauge steel, along with the ribbed support and the mounting studs, the thing is heavy!

The mounting studs are long and mounted to a Paul Cox RigidAir seat suspension system.

The whole motorcycle is 10feet 4inchs long, the foot pegs are mounted 4 inchs forward, hard for someone like me with shorter legs than Big "H" as he's called.

Working on the leather carving now, Taurus the Bull, but my camera is not working at this time. i hope to get another soon.

Sawyer

HSeatPan6.JPG

HSeatPan10.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

IMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

post-5174-1206369512_thumb.jpg

post-5174-1206369517_thumb.jpg

post-5174-1206369522_thumb.jpg

post-5174-1206369526_thumb.jpg

post-5174-1206369531_thumb.jpg

Great looking seat David, you do amazing work!

i'm starting a LARGE solo seat for a gentleman ,He clocks in about 6'6" over 300 lbs,

so the seat is large with heavy 1'x3/8" steel ribs for strength on the seat pan, so the seat is thick too.

I made the pan out of 14 gauge steel, along with the ribbed support and the mounting studs, the thing is heavy!

The mounting studs are long and mounted to a Paul Cox RigidAir seat suspension system.

The whole motorcycle is 10feet 4inchs long, the foot pegs are mounted 4 inchs forward, hard for someone like me with shorter legs than Big "H" as he's called.

Working on the leather carving now, Taurus the Bull, but my camera is not working at this time. i hope to get another soon.

Sawyer

Hey Tom,

That pan looks about the size of the Bandidos seat. How are you going to wrap the leather around the front of the seat?....It looks like there are pieces welded perpendicular right at the edge of the seat. I hope my question is clear....just not sure how you are going to do the leather part of that.

Is this going to be a springer seat? Those air suspensions look pretty cool, wonder how well they work and how rigid they mount to the frame.....I have no experience with them.

Cool bike.

Dave Theobald

Wow,

another killer seat David. Very nice. Tooling's awesome.

Shirley

Hey Tom,

That pan looks about the size of the Bandidos seat. How are you going to wrap the leather around the front of the seat?....It looks like there are pieces welded perpendicular right at the edge of the seat. I hope my question is clear....just not sure how you are going to do the leather part of that.

Is this going to be a springer seat? Those air suspensions look pretty cool, wonder how well they work and how rigid they mount to the frame.....I have no experience with them.

Cool bike.

Dave Theobald

The RigidAir Suspension is actually welded to the frame, there are no springs , just air bags that inflate and deflate with a switch and small air compressor mounted to the frame also.

Not sure about how the leather will go, i'll cross that bridge as i go along.

David,

I have been looking for that FONT that "BANDIDOS" is tooled in. Where did you find that? I know its the same font as West Coast Choppers and same as on the cover of the HORSE magazine, but I can't find it anywhere. Can you help me out? Whats it called, any idea?

Ryan

www.anvilcustoms.com

David,

I have been looking for that FONT that "BANDIDOS" is tooled in. Where did you find that? I know its the same font as West Coast Choppers and same as on the cover of the HORSE magazine, but I can't find it anywhere. Can you help me out? Whats it called, any idea?

Ryan

www.anvilcustoms.com

Ryan,

I took a copy of The Horse and faked the rest.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Dave

This seat is finally finished....these big seat take a lot more time than the smaller solo seats. I've shown a "regular" SPS seat next to it for scale. I never cared for the proportions of the bigger seat, but this one looks ok to me. Critiques, and comments always welcome. Before someone asks, Bandidos is spelled correctly...lol

David Theobald

http://theobaldleather.com

Woo hoo!! Great seat! I really dig the color! Tooling is tops!