Roger

Start of my next seat

It makes me want to have you make me a seat for my Heritage. But then I know by looking at your work I can't afford it. That is wicked work brother.

Dude, please tell me you're going to color that (other than black) !! Your tooling has gotten awesome. That looks great. Very good piece.

It makes me want to have you make me a seat for my Heritage. But then I know by looking at your work I can't afford it. That is wicked work brother.

Thanks!!

i don't charge near what i should :)

Dude, please tell me you're going to color that (other than black) !! Your tooling has gotten awesome. That looks great. Very good piece.

thanks grumpy!

the seat will be black. i am hoping to leave the tooling close to natural with maybe a hint of white on the head feathers

WOW!

Your clean tooling just blows me away! Someday I hope to be half that talented!!!

I don't know what you're charging for your work, but I am betting it ain't NEAR enough!!!!!

Love your work!

there's very few times I would say don't dye something black, and this is one of them! definitely don't dye the tooling black! it looks too dang good!

Beautiful.

The banner and stripes coming out of the right talon makes the leather look like it's really waving in the breeze...most excellent.

Nice work, I don't usually like color, but OLD GLORY would really stand out then. Awesome, really talented work.

Dude you really have to be proud of this. really good lookin piece.

Beeze,

Great looking job. You've got it all, traditional carving, inverted carving, and ample use of undercuts and the lifter.

I like it.

Dave

Looks great, now dye it black! Doesn't it make you want to go upside someone's head when they want it black.

Man I got to do a seat for my Heritage. If you don't mind a question do you build your own seat pans or do you use what people bring you. I looked last night for something on the internet but could not find a solo seat pan for a 97 softail. I got the original one but I hate to rip it apart in case I ever sell its going back on. I kinda like the lepera shape or the ultima you know slim and clean but I cant find anything on the net just two ups. Any ways just asking not thinkiing of going in the business just would like to try my own you know.

great job! are you using an undercut beveler on some places or just really banging on a normal beveler?

WOW!

thanks for all the compliments and comments!!!! the seat will be black and the tooling will stay close to natural. i may dye it saddle tan...

Man I got to do a seat for my Heritage. If you don't mind a question do you build your own seat pans or do you use what people bring you. I looked last night for something on the internet but could not find a solo seat pan for a 97 softail. I got the original one but I hate to rip it apart in case I ever sell its going back on. I kinda like the lepera shape or the ultima you know slim and clean but I cant find anything on the net just two ups. Any ways just asking not thinkiing of going in the business just would like to try my own you know.

bighearn... 99% of the time i am working with customer supplied seats or seat pans. some guys pic up a used seat on ebay to send me. if you want to cover your own i am more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

great job! are you using an undercut beveler on some places or just really banging on a normal beveler?

Thanks and no!

i use real steep bevelers and a lifter that i made

bighearn... 99% of the time i am working with customer supplied seats or seat pans. some guys pic up a used seat on ebay to send me. if you want to cover your own i am more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks I have been wanting to for about a year but just have not been able to find a seat pan I like. I am going to find one though and I would have quite a few questions. One of those things you just dont want to mees up, get it right and take your time on. I have the pattern I want but have to find the seat pan. I'll find one soon and then I'll get with you. My main concern is the sticthing and fitting more than tooling.

Done!!!

man my fingers are sore

DSC03651.jpg

DSC03649.jpg

DSC03647.jpg

DSC03646.jpg

Looks fantastico !!! you should be very proud !

WOW, Roger. That's crazy. That is awesome! Is that your own design?

When I first joined this forum, I remember seeing your work and thinking it was great. I didn't realize there was room for improvement but you apparently made room for it cause that is F@#$%N amazing. I hope that doesn't sound backhanded. Your tooling is incredible.

John

thanks guys!!

the artwork is copyrighted and the customer got permission to use it for this seat.

i try to see where i can improve each and every time i tool something. i am fortunate enough to have enough work coming in right now to have plenty of practice

That is so nice, it'd almost be a shame to plant a keester on it.

That basket weave is tits! Your tooling is also great, good job man!